Victa Board Tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, started my board track racer project today after the Briggs one crashed and burned :p So im taking a 160cc 2 stroke victa and throwing it into a custom frame, trying to replicate a board tracker as best i can, im 14, so give me a break ;) Anyways, here is what i have done so far, im pretty happy with how it sits for now, im starting to gather components for my jackshaft. Thanks for looking.
Mockup...
IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Bit of grinding and welding...
IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

Got a lot of grinding and cleaning up of welds to do but this is the first frame i ever built so im happy with the way its turning out. Hopefully i can find something suitable to use for a tank. Ill keep ya updated :)

Cool Louis.... i have a 160cc Victa also and have bought another but havent picked it up yet. Im glad to see someone else try it. What are you going to do for a driveline?

heres mine

P3130110.jpg

P3110063.jpg

I test fitted mine into a bike i found at work with plans of a flat tracker build but havent done any more as i have other projects to finish it. Id like to use a CVT with one of these engines

Picture652.jpg

There was another Aussie that built a "Thor" boardtrack aged replica and he used a 125cc Victa and it was beautiful. He did a lot of work to make the motor a lot slimmer. Its probably the nicest build i have ever seen.

Cant wait to see more of your bike. Ill be interested to see how you go and learn along with you about these engines 8)

Hey Harry, saw that Thor build, it really is amazing, I wish there was a build thread of it on here. Cant find a lot of info... :( Im trying to figure out a way to mount a pulley to the engines crankshaft, then i was planning on running it belt primary drive to a jackshaft, then on that jack shaft there will be a go kart centrifugal clutch which drives a chain to the rear wheel. I have to grind all the welds on my frame back, fill em in again, and put gussets in the corner, dad is worried about me going 50kph on a homemade frame, so he told me to make sure i do it properly, so i really am. I dont think ill do alot of cosmetic work on the engine aside from painting it, i like how it looks, just round, it looks like it belongs in the middle of a board tracker... I would love to see ya get that project going man :D I also needa find a carb for it, i saw a couple of these engines in my automotive class at school, i might ask my teacher if i could have one. Other wise my engine is pretty well good to go, plenty of compression, nice spark, might clean the points though and i have an exhaust for it which looks pretty sweet :D

The motor should really get along. Ive been busy with other builds but hope to get to it. And ive also tried to find more info on the thor bike but there doesnt seem to be much. Id love to ask him a few questions but it doesnt seem he builds anymore, or at least post his builds. I think he went by the name "hillbilly" and he did have a photosharing account but that account has closed last i checked, it had close pics and it was insane. You would swear it was a real boardtrack racer.

Im hoping the motor should be able to push me reasonably well, i only weigh 50kg :D We should get onto him bout it, i found his email on a website and emailed him asking gor photos but havent heard back :(

I also emailed him but i dont think he emailed me back either, but then again i rarely check mine..... if you are 50kg this thing will haul, i reckon this engine will be fast with me on it and im 95kg. So you will have one fast ride, depending on how you will gear it, and before you ask i have on idea what reduction you would need for this engine. But i think you will have plenty of power. Cant wait to see it

Bahaha, dont worry, i wasnt going to ask.... yet. Im not that far into the build, but i was thinking nothing to drastic because ill be able to pedal it up to speed, perhaps a 5:1 might do it, yeah im not fussed on the gearing, if it works it works, if it doesnt, ill change it :D

AKB, i took it round to my uncles so we could widen the rear triangle and weld it back in with his TIG, we did it, got home, and the cranks didnt turn past it, and i looked at it for hours trying to decide what to do, then decided it was too ugly, i hated it. So im starting again, i think i may actually get this one built though.... ;)

Hey Harry, im having second thoughts, should i use the my 5hp Briggs instead, easier to mount, clutch will bolt straight on, and 4 stroke.... Its tempting, whatcha reckon? Need some help :(

Totally up to you Louis.... the advantage to using the Briggs is its been done before, so you know its possible and if you run into problems someone will be able to help you out, you know they have enough power, and parts and speed bits may be easier to come across for the Briggs...... and you dont have to mix 2 stroke oil/fuel..... ill say that again.... no need to mix oil :D :D :D

Whereas the advantage of running the Victa is only ever going to be having an engine that most people wont know and maybe more closely resembles an early BTR single cylinder engine.....

True..... Hmmm... Might mock the Briggs up tomorrow to see what it looks like, and whether im happy with it...

Latest posts

Back