Very Cool fork, but...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a cool fork!

ForkPossibility.jpg

Has anyone ridden with one of these bad boys? It's called "The Claw" 2.0 and is made by AV Bikes over in Poland. I've already written to them and gotten some feedback, but am wondering if anyone in the RatRodCommune has had any experience with it.

I'd like to use it on my stretch cruiser build, which has a 56° rake angle. I originally wanted a bent springer, but have come to find out that riding a bent is not a "ride in the park", although for low speed cruising, it's fine, a little jerky at times, but fine, but steep hills and evasive maneuvers are not its strengths.

Very cool looking but wonder if it would be any different riding than the bent Springer?

Well the guys who make the fork told me it's very stiff and is used often on E and Motorised Bike builds. Apparently it's no problem to handle at 70km (45mph), so I can imagine it won't handle like a springer. I asked them about the trail and how it would handle with a 56º rake angle on the frame I'm building on. I'm hoping to hear that the trail will be positive, meaning I should have a very stable ride slow or fast.

Last edited:
So... Doing some math. If my rake angle is 56° and my Fork offset is 140mm, then I should have a comfortable 68mm Trail. That's considering that I'm using 57mm Rims. Of course Tire size may throw off the results, but I'm aiming for something between 60 - 80mm

Latest posts

Back