Velo Jardin-1948 Westfield..COMPLETED!!!! (Video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Velo Jardin-New Pics...Truss Rods Almost Done

So I actually did some fabrication today and my work area is beginning to take on a new look...

I learned how much a vise is my friend.

These will support the basket. I have a little "nip and tuck" yet but they should look really cool!

Looking for something appropriate to sip in my theme cup found at a local thrift shop. Any suggestions? I already have a nice wine goblet.

hey when are you gonna need help in the paint booth? let me know I won't peek! also do need any advice on the paint? you bought? want me to take a look at it?

:D Jats

jats said:
hey when are you gonna need help in the paint booth? let me know I won't peek! also do need any advice on the paint? you bought? want me to take a look at it?

:D Jats

No but thanks for the offer. Still following the plan...keeping the original patina with a little flourish added.

O.K. what did ya do to your frame and fenders? please tell :?:

Jats

jats said:

Jats

Just what I said a satin clear coat.

Ok So let me start with my favorite shot from last nights fireworks...

So today I made my own fireworks...

The truss rods are complete...

So here is the assembled front end...

Ok So I made some real headway today...and discovered that VJ is not fond of JATS....she made him bleed twice when he dared to get too close! :lol: I keep telling him she does not like it when he moves her out of the rack.

And my mascot is very very happy!!!

Re: Velo Jardin-New Photos...Front End Assembled

Nice progress!
What type of copper doodad did you make that upper truss backet from?

Re: Velo Jardin-New Photos...Front and Tail light Mounted

kingfish254 said:
Nice progress!
What type of copper doodad did you make that upper truss backet from?

It is an electrical ground strap clamp. Amazing bits and pieces one finds at the local hardware store. I actually "copied" the truss design from Troy. I am not much of a mechanic but I am catching on slowly. He designed it last year.

So I am up to about $15 spent on the build so far....

I hope to get more done tomorrow after some early morning garden work.

Re: Velo Jardin-New Photos...Front End Assembled

at the risk of loosing another bike for posting a non approved pic of Laurie here is a good one of her cutting the front fender bracket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troy

(this is from my private stock of Laurie build pics)( please don't take the Hawthorn in the barn)( or the Murray jet fire)

Laurie Thom said:
jats said:

Jats

Just what I said a satin clear coat.

Ok So let me start with my favorite shot from last nights fireworks...

So today I made my own fireworks...

The truss rods are complete...

So here is the assembled front end...

Ok So I made some real headway today...and discovered that VJ is not fond of JATS....she made him bleed twice when he dared to get too close! :lol: I keep telling him she does not like it when he moves her out of the rack.

And my mascot is very very happy!!!

Keep the sparks a flying because you are doing a bang up job on that bike...

Re: Velo Jardin-New Photos...FIRST TEST RIDE!!!!!

First...Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the encouragement.

I am really excited. She is assembled and I took her out for a ride. The bike that sat guard in the garden for 10 years because it was "beyond repair"....

Just a couple of shots of working on the assembly and one of me cruising down the street on the shake down ride. I am not done but am so pleased nothing fell off or broke (including me!) :D

Laurie Thom said:
First...Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the encouragement.

I am really excited. She is assembled and I took her out for a ride. The bike that sat guard in the garden for 10 years because it was "beyond repair"....

Just a couple of shots of working on the assembly and one of me cruising down the street on the shake down ride. I am not done but am so pleased nothing fell off or broke (including me!) :D

Someone is having fun...

That smile is PRICELESS!!!!
Now you can truly understand why we do this silliness!
BRAVO MOMMA JATS, BRAVO!!!!!

Latest posts

Back