Velo Jardin-1948 Westfield..COMPLETED!!!! (Video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Velo Jardin

Ok so here are the long promised pictures!

My Mascot!

Troy's expensive and unique tool gift to me...

Parts

Little parts

I really do like this chain ring

The Guardian Garden Angel...

Next phase....some gentle hammer work...

Laurie

Music we have

Peace luvs harmony!!!

Love ya boss

we just set up a sub build site! wooot :D

I hacked Dads account ! LOL password was waaaayyy to easy to figure out :lol: but HAPPY MOTHERS DAY mommy! love boo bear

Thank you, Boo Bear! Good thing my password is a little more challenging!!!! :lol:

Your post made my day.

Mom

Really I mean really :lol: :lol: :lol: so much for the one password to call them one password to bind them thing well played daughter well played

Troy :p :p

Daily Update:

Determined a game plan for the work, created the head badge, and worked on the fenders for a little bit.

More projective than it sounds...

Laurie

LukeTheJoker said:
Very cool chainring!
Loving this build, looking forward to more!

Luke.

Thank you! I am going slow because I am not very knowledgeable. I have to watch you tube videos and research stuff that is really simple for you Masters of the Build.

I have never done more than a simple tune-up on my bikes. Someone else ( :roll: ) did anything more complex.

I am enjoying everything far more than I thought I would; guess it is a very addictive hobby.

Laurie

Laurie Thom said:
I am enjoying everything far more than I thought I would; guess it is a very addictive hobby.

Laurie

Yes it is!
If you are having fun, you must being doing it right!!!!

Re: Velo Jardin-It is not the speed of the build, but the build!

Well, I have the shop to myself this afternoon. Wonder what kind of mischief I can do.....muahahahahahahaha!

Momma JATS

Laurie Thom said:
I am going slow because I am not very knowledgeable.

Laurie

Just found your build thread. Very cool. I feel the same way on the fun thing and going slow. I'm surprised at how much fun I'm having doing this and I haven't even really done that much. Mostly I've just kinda thought about it.

Good luck with your build Mama Jats. Looking forward t seeing how yours turns out.

So I "hammered" out my fenders and cleaned up the frame. I used a technique I learned when I worked at the Transportation Museum in Pensacola when I was much, much (much) younger.

So here is a couple of comparison shots.

And here is how the fender looks now. May not seem like a lot of difference but there is...

So I have been doing my homework as it is now time to get to the mechanics of the build before playing more with the surface aesthetics...

A big thank you to udallcustombikes and the information in the New Departure Model D Rebuild thread. I love that so much information is available for a noob like me.

Laurie

Frame cleaned up well and great work on the fender.
So, let us in on you TransDept secret!

kingfish254 said:

At the museum we worked very patiently and slowly with hammers (all kinds..my favorite was a little ball pein)...so the trick was patience. More coaxing the metal back into place than strength and speed.

I am leaving the patina on the bike so I am not restoring the fenders any further.

Laurie

Looks great good job! wish I had been there to see you do it! miss ya and see you tomorrow night!!

Jats

Laurie Thom said:
kingfish254 said:

At the museum we worked very patiently and slowly with hammers (all kinds..my favorite was a little ball pein)...so the trick was patience. More coaxing the metal back into place than strength and speed.

I am leaving the patina on the bike so I am not restoring the fenders any further.

Laurie
A baseball base under the metal works great when doing that, their firm but has some give. Looking for one myself, been hammering out the dents and dings on my build off bike. Their coming out but the areas are rather flat now

wow finally got to were I could se the new pics better! love the yellow green on the stays!

Sorry no pics this weekend....had to add batteries :roll: to the shopping list....some clean up left on the rims, etc. and then mechanics (I can put it off no longer :oops: )....soooo considering my "experience" this will be a fun ride in the end (pun intended 8) )....

My budget has increased to $5 because of a little fabrication on the forks....

I also have the excuse that my daughter and I were distracted by checking out the finish at Pole, Pedal , Paddle... http://www.pppbend.com/ We were there to cheer on the regular folks who completed the event...the elites were done before we had finished breakfast... :wink:

Still having fun...and the Dead works when Troy and I are sharing the shop space...

Laurie

Latest posts

Back