Vee Twinz tires, anybody running them?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I recently found these and decided to buy a pair to try.They are cheap enough, Universal cycles has them at $18 each for either 26 x 2.125 or 26 x 2.35 sizes. When you can put Cool and Cheap in the same sentence, I'm in. Is anybody running these on a bike? Any reviews on them? I guess it is a little late to ask, I already have a pair coming.....

52126.jpg

Never heard of em, but they look cool.
Yeah, I hadn't either. I saw them on ebay, and then did a google search. It is tough to find any 2.35 wide tire for under $20.

Can't say I'm thrilled about having their web site emblazoned on the side. Otherwise, it sounds like a good deal.

I have the same set of tires. I'm putting them on a motorized bike that I'm building, maybe I should start a thread on that. The only thing I don't like about them is the big white 'Vee Rubber' printed on the side. I'll be removing that with some acetone. Unlike your picture mine doesn't say veerubber.co.th. I'll try to get a picture of them this weekend. I do recommend them. Good quality and good price, plus they look cool.

I have the same set of tires. I'm putting them on a motorized bike that I'm building, maybe I should start a thread on that. The only thing I don't like about them is the big white 'Vee Rubber' printed on the side. I'll be removing that with some acetone. Unlike your picture mine doesn't say veerubber.co.th. I'll try to get a picture of them this weekend. I do recommend them. Good quality and good price, plus they look cool.

Yeah, let me know how well the lettering comes off with acetone. I intend to do the same with the set I am getting.

I've used acetone on other tires and it works just fine. I think I used a green scrubby to take it off quicker too. You'll like these tires, they definitely stand out among all the other cookie cutter tires.

CAM00068.jpg
CAM00088.jpg
I have these on my Firestone 500.
They are skinnier than a standard 26x2.125 but are super slick looking. Haven't rode on it alot. But I like them.

They look good on that bike! Do you think that the 26x2.125 would be an option for middleweight bikes running fenders?

Well, I got my tires and grabbed some acetone at wallyworld. Started trying to rub the lettering off and instead of the white letters coming off, the black was coming off!! After some closer inspection the lettering appears to be a strip of white rubber that is vulcanized to the sidewall with the black layer forming the lettering. It looks to be impossible to remove the strip without damaging the sidewall. So, even if you did get all of the lettering off, you would be left with a whitewall on approx. 1/4 of the sidewall. Now that I have screwed up some of the lettering on one of my tires, I plan to try magic marker, fusion paint, or rubberized coating to figure out the best way to correct the damage. These are cool tires, but would look much nicer with only the Vee Rubber in white letters or no lettering at all.

That is really strange. Good luck painting/coating over the lettering.

Maybe white wall tire paint.

I have used that stuff on car tires, it always cracks and turns yellow.......unless someone has a new and improved formula. I really just wanted these to be solid black.

Latest posts

Back