Van Halen Frankenbike - The VH Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All pieces in place except...
The crank didn’t clear the tremolo bar!

So I hacked off the threaded part and just glued the thing to the chain guard, cause come on! Gorilla glue, so it should hold. A few last tweaks and we’ll be done. I hope?

1905391A-4F3E-41F3-BB91-ABD6D47C495E.jpeg

CE907ABA-EF5A-4C2A-9BDE-3ECE9D21C67E.jpeg

Love the details. Awesome project. Can’t believe Guitar Carl didn’t beat you to the punch on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done. This was quite an endeavor. And I must add, only my third ever build. I started with an old Aero frame and forks because the tank was perfect for the pattern. After that, all (bike) parts were scavenged except the tires seat and grips. I learned a lot, mostly about paint!

And let's not forget why we're here in the first place - Eddie Van Halen. To those of us who came of age in the late 70's and 80's Eddie was hero. He inspired untold thousands of us to pick up a guitar and just start playing, even though we all knew we'd never be as good as he was no matter how hard we tried. To even more of us he provided the soundtrack to our youth spent getting a little too loud. He was in my thoughts many times during this project. Thank you Eddie, for everything. Now excuse me while I go practice guitar.

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

Eddie-Van-Halen.jpg

Latest posts

Back