Value of this Murray BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I saw this today and wonder if the Murray big BMX bikes hold any value. It looks complete down to the tires.

21032341_10213579426062057_6239795218255728667_n.jpg

Short answer is yes...it holds some value. But, the group of folks that are going to be searching out such a bike is a lot smaller than one of the more prestigious brands. You would just have to find the guy that had one of these as a kid. It looks very original and the seat/wheels are probably fairly hot properties by themselves.

Jason

There's a crusty one for sale on bmxmuseum for $65. The ano parts and overall condition put this right about where Jason suggested. I've you part it, I'd be interested in the wheels, haha

That $65 is a lower end bike, though. I thought it was a Western Flyer Invader 24 at first, but the front gusset isn't quite right. I believe the bike Wildcat is looking at is 'track certified' :bigsmile:...which, I believe, means it has a couple chromoly tubes, dia-compe brakes, acs hubs and stem, and an elina seat. I don't like championing an 80s Murray BMXs :grin:, but this particular bike is a rung or two up the ladder from your generic huffy, WF, sears or ??? dept/hardware bike. As Dizzle says, however, you could probably get rid of it quicker...and for probably more $$$, if you part it, even if it may be a minor sin for a bike this complete.

Jason

Latest posts

Back