Update 10/28 Schwinn Cruiser Supreme 26"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Waiting on a response on this one $ 20 . I have all the parts to make it a cool 24" clunker . Posted yesterday , fingers crossed ?

schwinn cruiser.jpg

Does the fork look a little bent? It seems to be pushed back towards the frame a little. It could be the angle of the picture, but it doesn't seem to follow the line of the steerer tube. Regardless, I'd probably pay 20 bucks just for the brakes, so it's still a great deal.

I have all the parts for a Klunker build including Akisu bmx fork ,
Wethepeople three piece crank , SR sling shot stem , brooks B16
seat , Maxxis 24" Holly Roller tires , Weinmann 24" polished hoops
Sturmey Archer drum brake hubs with 3 speed and SE Big Honkin
bars . I have been just waiting for the right bike to put it altogether
Maybe this is it ?

I have all the parts for a Klunker build including Akisu bmx fork ,
Wethepeople three piece crank , SR sling shot stem , brooks B16
seat , Maxxis 24" Holly Roller tires , Weinmann 24" polished hoops
Sturmey Archer drum brake hubs with 3 speed and SE Big Honkin
bars . I have been just waiting for the right bike to put it altogether
Maybe this is it ?

These all sound good to me, throw the parts on it, at worst, you need a different frame, at best you’ll have a sweet 24” Klunker/cruiser, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After having a stroke , I no longer have the stamina for trail riding .
So it would be definitely be a beach cruiser for me .
By the way Dr T thank you for the sling shot stem , it was on my wish list .

Last edited:
I pick this bike up this weekend . Found out it's at a Thrift store
and they accepted PayPal . I see them on the internet in the $250
range . Not a bad deal for $20 and 45 minute drive ? Another to stick in the barn and wait in line .:rolleyes:

I've been looking for the right 24" wheels for a bmx/klunker conversion for this bike
20191005_084739.jpg
The bottom bracket is pretty high, so I have to sit really high to get decent leg extension. I figure 24x2.5 or so and I could touch the ground.

I finally got around to picking up this thrift store bike up. It wasn't a 24" wheel bike like I thought it is a 26" and very clean . So I put the wheels with the drums and SA 3 speed on that came off a tandem bike and different 3 pc crank that came from some Nexus three bike and new schwalbe big apple tires . Still sorting out the cables and ordered a different seat and grips then I will put it back up for sale after Christmas , when every one makes there New Years resolutions .
cruis supreme.jpg

I've been looking for the right 24" wheels for a bmx/klunker conversion for this bikeView attachment 107302The bottom bracket is pretty high, so I have to sit really high to get decent leg extension. I figure 24x2.5 or so and I could touch the ground.
I just took a second good look at the frame of this bike , nice find .
Finding the parts might be fun , just be patient . That short steering tube might be interesting . What size is the head tube ?

I just took a second good look at the frame of this bike , nice find .
Finding the parts might be fun , just be patient . That short steering tube might be interesting . What size is the head tube ?
Thanks. It was a $35 craigslist bike. The Araya 7x 26x1.75 wheels have been redished for SS with wide tires and are going on my '97 Kona AA.

The head tube is 1" threaded. And I have the matching lugged Tange fork.

Only issue with dropping to 24" wheels would be finding the correct brake length. I may already have some that would work though. Or I could always go with coaster brakes.

Latest posts

Back