UnOfficialMusclecar/Bike Buildoff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, a themed action figure (redrider 450) thats too cool !!, I guess if I had a themed doll ...... :? ....... :) ... :D ....[url
ObamaGold.jpg
] :lol: :lol: [/url]

GSC, I laughed so hard I started CHOKING!........I can't complain, I WAS warned!

Man that brought back memories... I had an Evel Kneival set myself. Had the bike with the windup launcher base AND I had the drag car with the parachute. Oh yeah, my Evel had more than a few crashes.

I wonder if my brother still has all that stuff...

Anyway it's time for you boys to pick up your dolls , um Action Figures, and go out in the garage and build some bikes!

--Rob

PS that Obama doll really is kind of disturbing. And why is it a choking hazard?? LOL

NLCTVWguy said:
And why is it a choking hazard?? LOL

I will keep my political opinions to myself
:D

There used to be one of those Evel Knievel figures at my Nanna's house when I was a kid. He had a motorbike with one of those heavy friction powered wheels, you put him on the bike, and put the bike on this ramp/stand and wound a a crank which geared into the back wheel. Once it was going fast enough the bike take off on it's own, do a wheelie and then jump perfectly off any ramp you put before it. Probably one of the coolest kid's toys I've ever seen. Not just because it was Evel, but because the design actually worked.

Actually I found a picture of it,
ek-toy.jpg

Only the one I played with came with a different bike.

ej599 said:
NLCTVWguy said:
And why is it a choking hazard?? LOL

I'm will keep my political opinions to myself
:D
Some people will swallow anything. :mrgreen:

Ok, a little bike talk now. My plan is to build an in tank shifter. (sometimes plan's fail. It doesn't seem too hard though.)

Stole some geometry from a Sturmey stick shifter. The throw range between 2nd and 3rd is greater than that of 1st and 2nd so I had to take some measurements.

shiftbuild1.jpg

The 'plan' and a Vlier BL58 ball plunger.

P1012716.jpg

I have to notch the tank now and I decided to take a peek at it with the wheels, bars, tank and seat on. I think a 27" fork will be better. Maybe a head light, tail light and speedo.

P1012717.jpg

Looking good EJ , I am trying to find sunshine and time, I have to change a radiator on my wifes wagon Saturday (hopefully that wont be a nightmare) I just hate working on cars anymore unless its my Monte Carlo, of course that one never breaks.

450Redrider, I remember watching Ricky when he wore green and rode 125s. He blew em' all away. Excellent action figure selection!

Sensor, I have some opinions on BOTH Clintons but my lips is zipped! :lol:

Laid out the shifter on poster board today. It will be 2 pieces, a fixed portion (B) that will have the detent holes and cable housing anchor.

And the rotating shifter lever part (A) where the ball plunger and cable anchor will be mounted.

P1012718.jpg

P1012721.jpg

Should just fit.

P1012722.jpg

And next will be 1/8" steel, drills, sawzalls, grinders and welders accompanied by loud noise, cutting oil, smoke, sparks and metal slivers! All the goodstuff. :D
A lot of work for something that will be hidden inside a tank. Go figure. :|

Not much progress here, been sick as a dog. Feel O.K. today though. Hey 450, are you still using that steering wheel setup? Those are cool.

ej599 said:
Not much progress here, been sick as a dog. Feel O.K. today though. Hey 450, are you still using that steering wheel setup? Those are cool.

Yeah I went and got some parts yesterday for the steering wheel set-up and finally got some valve covers so that I can modify them to make the tank

Latest posts

Back