Unofficial March Shootout II 2020 VOTE HERE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Bike in the Buildoff

• handyandy1100 bike A

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • handyandy1100 bike B

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • horsefarmer bike C

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • MazdaFlyer bike D

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • sandman bike E

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • schwinn boy bike F

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Scrap Wolf bike G

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • SoulGarageOH bike H

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • us56456712 bike I

• us56456712 bike J

• GuitarlCarl bike K

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Pushie Pirate bike J

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
handyandy1100 A.jpg

handyandy1100 bike A ^^^^

handyandy1100 B.jpg

handyandy1100 bike B ^^^^

horsefarmer1.jpg
horsefarmer bike C ^^^^

MazdaFlyer1.jpg

MazdaFlyer bike D ^^^^

sandman1.jpg
sandman bike E ^^^^

schwinnboy1.jpg
schwinn boy bike F ^^^^

ScrapWolf1.jpg
Scrap Wolf bike G ^^^^

SoulGarageOH.jpg
SoulGarageOH bike H ^^^^

us56456712 Frank.jpeg
us56456712 bike I ^^^^

us56456712 HoleySpokes.jpeg
us56456712 bike J ^^^^

final pic.jpg

GuitarlCarl bike K ^^^^

pushy pirate.jpg

Pushie Pirate bike J

Last edited:
GuitarCarl, 2:19 AM? Thanks for the cooped up fun. I’ll be riding Frank this afternoon when the slight snow stops. I built these bikes to race gravel south of here this spring. That was a bust but the build fun was a lifesaver. I’m surprised more people didn’t participate with so many off work. It’s a challenge up here in March as the workshop is frozen, the work bench is buried in 5 feet of snow and we live in a 1200 sq ft cabin with a crawl space. I took over the bedroom and used our bed for a work bench, driving my wife up into the loft, bless her hart. The bedroom wall got marked up from bikes dropping so a wall painting project is coming up. I wish I could have taken better pictures but the sun seldom shines up here where we are surrounded by the Great Lakes. The next day that will be partly sunny is tomorrow, too late for pictures.

Last edited:
To vote, like always, you must log in thru a browser. not Tapatalk. There is a poll at the very beginning of this thread that does not show in Tapatalk. Best way is from a laptop or a pad but it will work from a cellphone thru your browser (very much a pain I just tried it, and while it is possible, it's very easy from a laptop). Voting will be active for 7 days, once you vote (you may choose as many of the 11 choices as you want) the tally will be visible. Only ratrodbikes members are able to vote because you must log in.

Carl.

Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk (and then edited from my laptop!)

Last edited:
@GuitarlCarl I had no issues voting on my phone. Thanks for setting all this up for us
Cool, what browser were you using on your phone? Because Chrome on my Motorola G7 is unwieldy, Tapatalk runs smooth but you can't vote from there, I just use it to upload pictures. I usually end up on my laptop editing.

Carl.

Chrome on a cheapo Motorola. e5play, or something? Was having login issues previously, the Boss (RatRod) suggested checking whether I was using http or https as the former has security issues. The site wouldn't recognize me as me without the s. Maybe that's what's driving the voting issue. or maybe dangling chads?

Chrome on a cheapo Motorola. G5 or something? Was having login issues previously, the Boss (RatRod) suggested checking whether I was using http or https as the former has security issues. The site wouldn't recognize me as me without the s. Maybe that's what's driving the voting issue. or maybe dangling chads?
It's the Russians!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for setting this up Carl. It really helped me burn some creative energy AND I got another piece of junk in my barn rolling again. Looking forward to the main BO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks brother, me too.

Carl.

I’m surprised more people didn’t participate with so many off work.
I'm still working...and the workload has only increased (I think they are trying to get as much through the pipeline as they can before we become non-essential...as nothing we are doing, besides keeping the economy limping along, is actually essential). That coupled with shipping prioritization through amazon and the like killed my chances for finishing my 'build'.

Yeah, still at the old J O B too. Apparently folks still need toilet paper?
Bidet. Just sayin
Bidet! Funny how you mentioned that and then I saw this ad just below your post. Bidet gone wild!
33dc7a8538c3fe7fdd12a0b3d7ce3482.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Due to a grievous error on my part I missed a bike entry from Pushie Pirate. While I see no way to really rectify this, I am asking folks who haven't voted yet to consider the rest of us have a 2 day head start in voting. I am truly sorry PP please accept my apology as a partial restitution.

Carl.

Looks like you had great participation in this March Madness BO, @GuitarlCarl . I voted. And I am soooooooo ready for May 1 and the Summer BO #15!

I'd like to thank @Rat Rod for the website, I love this place.
A big thanks to the handful who participated,
these little build offs are fun and fill the time between the bigger builds.
Peace and love everyone , see ya soon in the 15th annual build off.

Guitarl Carl.

Latest posts

Back