Unidentified cruiser for my wife.... aka Sweet Pea

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unidentified cruiser for my wife....

I am really getting ready to get this bike finished but I am still waiting on a few things. I ordered a NOS 1964 chrome chainguard from Ebay and it should be here by the end of the week. My wife decided that the bike needed a name so it looks like I will be trying my hand at a little graphic design. I ordered "expensive" decal paper and when it gets here I should be ready to go. "Sweet Pea" was my wife's idea and after all it is her bike. I wanted to call it the "Celery Stalker" but I was outvoted.

Decals.jpg

In the meantime I decided to add a little more detail
Bendixdetail004.jpg

Bendixdetail003.jpg

Re: Unidentified cruiser..... AKA the Sweet Pea

I am still waiting on one small detail, a green reflector for the hole at the back of the rear rack. That and I think I am going to need to trim down the chain guard a little to get a better fit. Other than that, here she is and right on time for fireworks.

I will try to get some better pics soon.
sweetpea019.jpg

sweetpea022.jpg

sweetpea024.jpg

sweetpea026.jpg

sweetpea018.jpg

Took the wife's bike out joyriding around town the other morning and stapped a few pics. I think the last one says it all.
sweetpea031.jpg

sweetpea021.jpg

sweetpea016.jpg

sweetpea026-1.jpg

sweetpea033.jpg

sweetpea027-1.jpg

Wow! Looks great! Whats really impresses me is the paint job! is that a rattle can job or did you do pro paint or what? Excellent work, congrats!!

Kustom_G said:
Wow! Looks great! Whats really impresses me is the paint job! is that a rattle can job or did you do pro paint or what? Excellent work, congrats!!
I must confess, the paint did not come from a spray can. I new this was going to be a keeper so I had it done at the local body shop. Cost me a little bit but I was able to add a little metal flake to the green farm implement paint I picked.

Knowing I didnt paint it myself I wouldnt have felt right about entering it into this years build-off.

To answer your next question, no it was not John Deere green.

Georgeediii said:
I am really getting ready to get this bike finished but I am still waiting on a few things. I ordered a NOS 1964 chrome chainguard from Ebay and it should be here by the end of the week. My wife decided that the bike needed a name so it looks like I will be trying my hand at a little graphic design. I ordered "expensive" decal paper and when it gets here I should be ready to go. "Sweet Pea" was my wife's idea and after all it is her bike. I wanted to call it the "Celery Stalker" but I was outvoted.

Great job on the bike, much better than new.
What is "expensive" decal paper" and where do you order it from?

Thanks, Gizmo

Very cool. Great work.

Where did you track down the green reflector? I would like to have a blue one.

turned out great. that bike is a mid 60's huffy eldorado i have one at the shop and just finished a restore on one. the bracket in the middle of the frame is for a tank with a headlight, i used the same furniture metal caps for the rear tubes i got real lucky the plastic bullets where still on the bike.

linksandkinks said:
turned out great. that bike is a mid 60's huffy eldorado i have one at the shop and just finished a restore on one. the bracket in the middle of the frame is for a tank with a headlight, i used the same furniture metal caps for the rear tubes i got real lucky the plastic bullets where still on the bike.
Got any pics of what the tank should look like?

That bike looks great!

I'm in the process of putting something together for my wife too. She's actually from Livingston, we met while going to school at MSU a few years ago!

So I guess that begs to question, did you take the finished product over the hill to Bozeman's Sweet Pea Festival?!?! Great project!

StaldineJ said:
That bike looks great!

I'm in the process of putting something together for my wife too. She's actually from Livingston, we met while going to school at MSU a few years ago!

So I guess that begs to question, did you take the finished product over the hill to Bozeman's Sweet Pea Festival?!?! Great project!
We will be taking it this year for sure. My wife named the bike after the paint went on, which happened to be just after the festival last year.

Latest posts

Back