1. I wanted to give everybody a heads up on a change that I'm going to make for folks who want to use the For Sale section of the forum.

The forum has been running strong for almost 11 years now and I (along with our awesome moderators) have tried to keep things running smooth and trouble free during that time. I'm thankful for everyone who has helped make this a great community to participate in.

As you can imagine, there are some expenses that are involved in maintaining a site like this and I've tried my best to keep from passing that expense onto the user over the years. The forum will always be a free resource for people to communicate, learn and share.

In order to offset some of the expenses that the site creates, I'm going to be changing the Gold Membership upgrade on the forum. Starting on April 1, 2017 the current "Gold Member" upgrade will be renamed "Pro Member" and this $20 annual upgrade will be required for posting items in the For Sale section. All members and visitors will still be able to view the For Sale section for free, but a Pro Membership upgrade of $20/year will be required for listing items in that section for sale. Current Gold Members will be converted to Pro Members and will have access to listing items for sale until their current upgrade expires.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?account/upgrades

Thank you for your understanding and I will give further updates as the upgrade date approaches.

Steve

(click on the "X" in the top right corner of this notice to close it)
    Dismiss Notice

Ultra Violet

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 4 FINISHED BIKES' started by outrage, Jul 25, 2009.

1. outrage

outrage

Before - an old damaged Peugeot frame - I think it's from 1971:
    [​IMG]

After - total cost about 30 € - new parts used: two innertubes, chain (NOS made in GDR, not glamorous, but cheap), rear cog, cable housing, leather bar tape.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ej599

ej599

Looks awesome. Great paint repair.

3. rgallen

rgallen

Nice comeback. Great work....

4. roadmaster

roadmaster

i used to have two pugs, but am now to only one (a 68' i think), and i love these old road bikes. what you did is very similar to what i am planning to do to pug, someday when i get around to it. nice! always like violet.

5. herr_rudolf

herr_rudolf

beautiful bike!

6. Galtbacken

Galtbacken

Very nice! :)

7. cosmic flyer

cosmic flyer

I have never seen the two spoke twist lacing pattern!!!!! Does this make the rear wheel stronger? Nice job on the re weld of the frame. :D