Trying to figure out what frame this is?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never come across one like this. Double top tube, double down tube.
EA182F06-253D-4942-9ED3-77C40689239C.jpeg

Last edited:
This is probably the H.P. Snyder built version of the 5-Bar Hawthorne and it is not Monark built. All of the Monark built versions had the cradled crank hanger.
DSCN4323.jpg
20110413191606-1.jpg

I forgot about that. Still a really collectible frame. Just easier to find the right fork for it

Ah good eye! I will take a closer look when I get back to the shop. I wouldn’t mind finding the correct springer to go on it. Who knows, I may eBay it but finding a fork might be more fun

jon

This is probably the H.P. Snyder built version of the 5-Bar Hawthorne and it is not Monark built. All of the Monark built versions had the cradled crank hanger.
View attachment 139110View attachment 139111
I forgot about that. Still a really collectible frame. Just easier to find the right fork for it

That isn't a 5 bar Super Frame. Those have straight mid tube. Yours has the curved mid tube. That is the frame that is mixed up with the Super Frames a lot. It's the same frame (but different maker since the BB in integrated) that I used for my starsNbars build. AWESOME frames. They'll take a wide tire and wheel too.

WP_20140803_13_14_13_Pro_zpsef8705f1.jpg

Last edited:
That isn't a 5 bar Super Frame. Those have straight mid tube. Yours has the curved mid tube. That is the frame that is mixed up with the Super Frames a lot. It's the same frame (but different maker since the BB in integrated) that I used for my starsNbars build. AWESOME frames. They'll take a wide tire and wheel too.

View attachment 139135
it's the Snyder, I mentioned the cradled bottom bracket on the Monarks and could have mentioned the CWC rear triangle differentiation. Thanks for backing me up bro

!.Monark built: cradled bottom bracket always
2. CWC built: curved chainstays always
3. Snyder built: lacks the characteristics of !. and 2. yet has five bars

I just wanted to make that "crystal clear" for posterity. i had not finished my coffee nor had i put on my glasses yet when I looked at the photo

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back