"Trot Rot"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some done tonight. Got some tires too.
100_0076.JPG
100_0077.JPG
100_0080.JPG
100_0083.JPG
100_0087.JPG
100_0082.JPG

Do those twin tubes from the tank need gussets at the platform? Just wondering cuz the gusset at the back looks good, maybe not, they are socketed right?

Carl.

Do those twin tubes from the tank need gussets at the platform? Just wondering cuz the gusset at the back looks good, maybe not, they are socketed right?

Carl.
When you plan things out in your head, they sometimes don't translate in metal. The twin down tubes came up a little shy, so they were sleeved to get the extra 1/4". You can see that I made the sleeves 1.5" long. The sleeves are thicker and in essence the base of the tubes is now tripled in thickness. We'll see how it works out.

I usually make a jig out of wood when building just about anything. As far as a level, this is what I use
thumb.gif
, my thumb....It looks straight so far.

Wow! That is one rad looking kicker...
There is an old scooter hidden in the weeds in my neighbors yard... I'm definitely hearing it calling to me to be saved

Sent from my LG-K121 using Tapatalk

Thank you JD.

The part I've been dreading....The rear. I had the front figured out right away. The back, not so sure. I started a very rough mock up of the drop outs and the rear carrier mount, seat tube mounting bracket will be removed. For the front support on the carrier it will follow the contour of the back tire (not quite in card board). Not sure what I'm going to do...yet.

Without the rear rack

100_0088.JPG

With the rear rack
100_0090.JPG
100_0092 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Without rack = carefree and hot roddy
With rack = fun and practical

Your choice. I like them both.

I know you don't want a seat.
I've seen a few lately with seats.
With the tube extended in a curve to match the wheel and a seat mounted, you'd have your attachment for the rack and a place to rest when you're not rolling. Might be kinda cool and fun for the fast downhills.
No rack would need a nice fender...

Carl.

I know you don't want a seat.
I've seen a few lately with seats.
With the tube extended in a curve to match the wheel and a seat mounted, you'd have your attachment for the rack and a place to rest when you're not rolling. Might be kinda cool and fun for the fast downhills.
No rack would need a nice fender...

Carl.
Good idea Carl! I made the mount so I could bolt on the support, for removal if needed. I might try and see if a piece of conduit could slip over the top, and still be able to bolt on, not for a seat but for the rack mount. Bolted on the bottom, curve under the rack.....Thanks

100_0088 - Copy.JPG

I like it even more with the rack.
This really looks mean, but fun!

Look'n good!
You may have already covered this but, what do you have planned for brakes?
So far I'm just planning a FRONT brake. I "might" do a rear, but it will require some fabrication. I've had just a front brake before and it worked out fine. In Europe, where these are popular, most competitive teams only use a front brake. Understand that most of the time "I'll" be going under 10MPH. I've had my Kickbike (page1) over 35MPH once, going downhill, to scary for me! We just use these to putz around....Slower than a bike, but faster than walking.

She's... ROOOLLING!

I might get this thing done!

I bolted the dropouts on. This way I can control the height. Loosen the bottom bolts and slide everything back and up, the scoot will raise. Whats missing is a 3rd bolt to stabilize it all. Front support for the rear rack is part of a 26" wheel. Brake and Paint next.

IMG_2708 (1).JPG
IMG_2709 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Oh cool, a rolling chassis.
Great choices! It looks pretty beefy but it flows so well!
Love it!

Latest posts

Back