Tractorliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great suggestion r-ratter....There was a bike built similar to the tractor-liner and was at the Portland In show a few years ago. It was a yellow peddle tractor and was also really kool. Wish I had my camera with me at the time...but didn't. I think it was on a trike ???

As to your finish color.......personally I would clear coat the whole thing and leave it as it is. Your welding is fantastic and the different hues at weld joints....well. quite frankly,,,,no great painter can duplicate this. Just saying@o_O

Any updates before Shiny Side?

I've been scrambling with customer frames leading up to Shiny Side Up, so I haven't really been able to work on the finishing touches for the 'Liner. With two weeks until the deadline, I'd better get on it. It's all minor stuff, after all.

I took the day today to put what amounts to the finishing touches on the Tractorliner. I added another link to the chain to bring the rear axle back a bit. It was almost too much. Makes me wish that something like a half-link existed for skiptooth chain. Luckily it worked. I then had to fill in the hole I had drilled for the coaster brake arm, and drill another.
IMG_2474_zpsc59a3eb3.jpg

Then just as a small touch, I ground down a bolt to act as the fourth bolt holding the seat pan in place. I only had three of the smooth headed ones that came with it, but nothing a grinder couldn't replicate. :)
IMG_2476_zpsf8d81011.jpg

The new one isn't chrome, but it looks better than a hole.

I'm basically done now. I might have some pinstriping put on the seat pan, but all that's really left is to get it to the spot I've already picked out for pictures, and get them done. Hope to post those soon, and thanks for your votes! ;)

Reminder photo:
IMG_2422_zpsfd389feb.jpg

Looking great!
Good luck at Shiny Side!

The last piece to calling this thing done... at least, for the near future. Nothing is ever done when it comes to these builds. The last touch was dressing up the seat a bit.
IMG_2534_zps5697ea3e.jpg

These weekend, the final pictures will be done and posted. I've got a great spot picked out. Th-th-th-th-THAT'S ALL, FOLKS!

Was fun doing and actually more of a challenge than might seem. Oh and if anyone can find the antique caterpillar script I was shooting for that.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back