Top Fueler Drag Forks ..... SOLD OUT!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like there has been a major defect in the forks. The bottom plate is a 1/4 inch shorter then the template. So the fork tubes are closer and hit the Huffy Rail frame caps. Bummer!! They will work on anything but a Rail frame which is NOT Good. I should have checked the plates before I got started. They do sit nice and level. Just a bummer they won't work with a Rail frame. Back to the drawing board.
20170426_125127.jpg
20170426_125149.jpg

Are you still going to sell the forks that won't fit a rail frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not sure what I am going to do yet. Here is the problem. They will work with any other frame fine. My problem is when that person sells them down the line and someone buys them and they won't fit their Rail.

Looks like they flow right...? How do they not fit the rail frames? Are they hitting the end caps by the head tube?

I am not sure what I am going to do yet. Here is the problem. They will work with any other frame fine. My problem is when that person sells them down the line and someone buys them and they won't fit their Rail.

How about just stamping them 'Not for use on Huffy Rail' on the underside of the bottom plate and informing potential customers about this batch? I don't see a reason to scrap them, they'll work with plenty of other bikes. BTW, they look AWESOME................I just wish I could afford a set.

20170426_125127.jpg
I think the best is not to sell them like this. I can cut the tubes off under the bottom plate and have a mini top fueler fork. I still need new plates, steering tube, welding, polishing. I can make another batch and have the mini's also. The mini's will be good for 16 inch bikes or lowriders maybe. The top part of the tubes would be cut off just above the top plate .
20170426_163831.jpg
Here is a quick mock up of them.

Last edited:
Aw man! That's stinky. I'd still put a set on my stingray. If you sell em like they are now, hit me up. I'll start selling some stuff so I can afford a set.

If the customer isn't planning to put them on a Rail then I don't see what the problem is. Sell those and modify the second batch. All you're doing is costing yourself a bunch of money and causing yourself a big (and completely unnecessary) headache.

I am just going to take the loss and redo them right. They will haunt me forever if I sell them. Just to many problems will come up. I will be back with correct ones.
I completely understand where you're coming from. Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.
I'm going to look at the bright side, this gives me more time to save up some money to buy one.

If the customer isn't planning to put them on a Rail then I don't see what the problem is. Sell those and modify the second batch. All you're doing is costing yourself a bunch of money and causing yourself a big (and completely unnecessary) headache.

My problem is not the person I sell the forks to but the pepole down the line who buy them. The forks are owned by customers by they are my baby...lol I stole that line. So if there is a problem with them it always comes back to me. These forks are mostly used on Rails so there will be a big problem when they don't fit. Better to lose the money now then my reputation down the line.

You could dimple the tubes where they tap the caps...
But, you can't fault a man's integrity either.
In the end it's your decision.

Carl.

Complete respect to you Jaxon, your integrity and craftsmanship are to be admired. It really does suck that this happened, if you do have to re-do the project at least you have the top plate and can cut the threaded tube off the bottom plate and still use them.

Latest posts

Back