Too Many Projects

Discussion in 'GALLERY' started by dogdart, Jan 20, 2011.

1. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I've decided to list my top project bikes in one Gallery Thread , with periodic updates and pic's . Hopefully I can finish some this year :roll: and post a complete build thread :wink:I'll start with my newest acquisition , a '53 ? Monark Super Deluxe , I've wanted one for a long time ! Here's what I'm starting with[​IMG]

2. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

This is the bike I've been working one the most lately , there's going to be a lot going one with this one :shock: I actually started on this may years ago , and the acquisition of a few key parts recently , has stepped up progress . Some parts shown are for mock up only , and are not going to be used . [​IMG]She started life as a 1934 girls Schwinn , and was my very first antique bike :D

3. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

My long wheelbase Roadmaster , I actually started a build thread for this one :roll: I knew I should have waited[​IMG]

4. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

5. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Roadmaster Luxury Liner . I keep missing out every time a tank comes up , I either don't have the money , or get outbid :( seems a lot of people are looking for a tank also[​IMG]

6. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

And my as yet still unfinished Build Off bike , Gasser style , I've got some surprises in store for this one . About all I'm lacking is a rear rim , and I would like to get a Huffy Mag sprocket , but I have most of the parts ... oh , yeah I bought a Jerald for it , but used it on another bike , I guess I need one of those too :wink: [​IMG][​IMG]

7. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Can you tell the snow storm is hitting Pittsburgh , and I'm bored :mrgreen: And last , but certainly not all , but last for now ; 1950 or '51 JC Higgins , bought from original owner . I actually was working on this recently . I painted the chain guard maroon , months ago , and last week I scuffed it , masked it off , and shot the stripe gold . And when I peeled the tape , all the maroon came with it :cry: no mechanical adhesion . Haven't got up the nerve to try again yet .[​IMG]These are just the projects that I'm currently interested in , of course I've got a garage full of backburners . Am I insane :?: :shock:

8. Philphine

Philphine

0   0   0

i hope not. otherwise they need to set up the next padded room for me. one of my first post was just like this. a million projects and none done. i think of all the bikes i showed then i've finished one.

9. UTR1

UTR1

0   0   0

nice projects...when is too many 2 many :?: :?:

10. jiminyshiznit

jiminyshiznit

0   0   0

All are really nice projects.. hope you find your road master tank! I sold off my straight bar CWC project and decided to just patiently look for a complete bike.. it was for the same reason, too.. tank seemed harder to find than a bike. Yours is way closer though, and that light is awesome.. another tough piece of that bike to find.

This thread has a little therapy built-in, which is a bonus to the eye candy! I've been beating myself up for starting too many projects and finishing very few... seems I'm not alone, which makes me want to go start a new project to celebrate!! :lol:

11. lobsterboyx

lobsterboyx

0   0   0

great looking super deluxe and color flow - 2 of my favorites. you should post that murray... or just sell it to me :mrgreen:

12. Spokeshave

Spokeshave

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I really like the long Roadmaster. Cool stuff

13. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I've got the Murray boxed up for a trade to A.S.BOLTNUT , but can't seem to ever get it shipped . "This thread has a little therapy built-in, which is a bonus to the eye candy! I've been beating myself up for starting too many projects and finishing very few... seems I'm not alone, which makes me want to go start a new project to celebrate!! " that's what prompted me to start it , your comment of finishing very few .

14. cman

cman Moderator

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

You say too many, I say too cool.

15. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

of course that's not too many , here's another[​IMG] , :D :D and I've almost got everything I need for the Roadmaster[​IMG]

16. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

If you have to much, ship one over to me :mrgreen:

17. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

So... almost a year has passed , while some have come and gone some new projects have taken over center stage . My Monark Super Deluxe is the only one of these I'd call finished . It is also a rider :) The Airman is also a rider , though I hope to paint it someday . My Gasser sees the most use , I still need to complete the rear fender , and paint it orange . The Colorflow has remained untouched , the Roadmaster has had some progress , but I still need the tank , and my boardtracker has been scattered in all directions and pic's to come of the frames new dragbike build :eek: [​IMG][​IMG]

18. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Why finish a project when you can start a new one :?: The last piece I needed for this is on it's way , so time to start a new one :p I want to upgrade some features on my Rollfast . Like a springer , deluxe rack w/ directional lights , ball lamp light , and a New Departure Triple Speed[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

gettin the springer ready for the Rolly[​IMG]built from pieces :p

20. dogdart

dogdart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I wanted to use this Hawthorne rack on my Rollie , but I seem to have the only Snyder built without the "Audi " holes :? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]