1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Too Many Projects

Discussion in 'GALLERY' started by dogdart, Jan 20, 2011.

1. dogdart

dogdart

I've decided to list my top project bikes in one Gallery Thread , with periodic updates and pic's . Hopefully I can finish some this year :roll: and post a complete build thread :wink:I'll start with my newest acquisition , a '53 ? Monark Super Deluxe , I've wanted one for a long time ! Here's what I'm starting with[​IMG]

Scribble, Kevin Kanouff and BARTO like this.
  2. dogdart

dogdart

This is the bike I've been working one the most lately , there's going to be a lot going one with this one :shock: I actually started on this may years ago , and the acquisition of a few key parts recently , has stepped up progress . Some parts shown are for mock up only , and are not going to be used . [​IMG]She started life as a 1934 girls Schwinn , and was my very first antique bike :D

Kevin Kanouff likes this.
  3. dogdart

dogdart

My long wheelbase Roadmaster , I actually started a build thread for this one :roll: I knew I should have waited[​IMG]

4. dogdart

dogdart

5. dogdart

dogdart

Roadmaster Luxury Liner . I keep missing out every time a tank comes up , I either don't have the money , or get outbid :( seems a lot of people are looking for a tank also[​IMG]

6. dogdart

dogdart

And my as yet still unfinished Build Off bike , Gasser style , I've got some surprises in store for this one . About all I'm lacking is a rear rim , and I would like to get a Huffy Mag sprocket , but I have most of the parts ... oh , yeah I bought a Jerald for it , but used it on another bike , I guess I need one of those too :wink: [​IMG][​IMG]

7. dogdart

dogdart

Can you tell the snow storm is hitting Pittsburgh , and I'm bored :mrgreen: And last , but certainly not all , but last for now ; 1950 or '51 JC Higgins , bought from original owner . I actually was working on this recently . I painted the chain guard maroon , months ago , and last week I scuffed it , masked it off , and shot the stripe gold . And when I peeled the tape , all the maroon came with it :cry: no mechanical adhesion . Haven't got up the nerve to try again yet .[​IMG]These are just the projects that I'm currently interested in , of course I've got a garage full of backburners . Am I insane :?: :shock:

Scribble and Kevin Kanouff like this.
  8. Philphine

Philphine

i hope not. otherwise they need to set up the next padded room for me. one of my first post was just like this. a million projects and none done. i think of all the bikes i showed then i've finished one.

9. UTR1

UTR1

nice projects...when is too many 2 many :?: :?:

10. jiminyshiznit

jiminyshiznit

All are really nice projects.. hope you find your road master tank! I sold off my straight bar CWC project and decided to just patiently look for a complete bike.. it was for the same reason, too.. tank seemed harder to find than a bike. Yours is way closer though, and that light is awesome.. another tough piece of that bike to find.

This thread has a little therapy built-in, which is a bonus to the eye candy! I've been beating myself up for starting too many projects and finishing very few... seems I'm not alone, which makes me want to go start a new project to celebrate!! :lol:

11. lobsterboyx

lobsterboyx

great looking super deluxe and color flow - 2 of my favorites. you should post that murray... or just sell it to me :mrgreen:

12. Spokeshave

Spokeshave

I really like the long Roadmaster. Cool stuff

13. dogdart

dogdart

I've got the Murray boxed up for a trade to A.S.BOLTNUT , but can't seem to ever get it shipped . "This thread has a little therapy built-in, which is a bonus to the eye candy! I've been beating myself up for starting too many projects and finishing very few... seems I'm not alone, which makes me want to go start a new project to celebrate!! " that's what prompted me to start it , your comment of finishing very few .

14. cman

cman Moderator

You say too many, I say too cool.

15. dogdart

dogdart

of course that's not too many , here's another[​IMG] , :D :D and I've almost got everything I need for the Roadmaster[​IMG]

16. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

If you have to much, ship one over to me :mrgreen:

17. dogdart

dogdart

So... almost a year has passed , while some have come and gone some new projects have taken over center stage . My Monark Super Deluxe is the only one of these I'd call finished . It is also a rider :) The Airman is also a rider , though I hope to paint it someday . My Gasser sees the most use , I still need to complete the rear fender , and paint it orange . The Colorflow has remained untouched , the Roadmaster has had some progress , but I still need the tank , and my boardtracker has been scattered in all directions and pic's to come of the frames new dragbike build :eek: [​IMG][​IMG]

18. dogdart

dogdart

Why finish a project when you can start a new one :?: The last piece I needed for this is on it's way , so time to start a new one :p I want to upgrade some features on my Rollfast . Like a springer , deluxe rack w/ directional lights , ball lamp light , and a New Departure Triple Speed[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BARTO likes this.
  19. dogdart

dogdart

gettin the springer ready for the Rolly[​IMG]built from pieces :p

20. dogdart

dogdart

I wanted to use this Hawthorne rack on my Rollie , but I seem to have the only Snyder built without the "Audi " holes :? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]