Too Many Projects

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've decided to list my top project bikes in one Gallery Thread , with periodic updates and pic's . Hopefully I can finish some this year :roll: and post a complete build thread :wink:I'll start with my newest acquisition , a '53 ? Monark Super Deluxe , I've wanted one for a long time ! Here's what I'm starting with
014-4.jpg

This is the bike I've been working one the most lately , there's going to be a lot going one with this one :shock: I actually started on this may years ago , and the acquisition of a few key parts recently , has stepped up progress . Some parts shown are for mock up only , and are not going to be used .
002-8.jpg
She started life as a 1934 girls Schwinn , and was my very first antique bike :D

And my as yet still unfinished Build Off bike , Gasser style , I've got some surprises in store for this one . About all I'm lacking is a rear rim , and I would like to get a Huffy Mag sprocket , but I have most of the parts ... oh , yeah I bought a Jerald for it , but used it on another bike , I guess I need one of those too :wink:
008-6.jpg
0043.jpg

Can you tell the snow storm is hitting Pittsburgh , and I'm bored :mrgreen: And last , but certainly not all , but last for now ; 1950 or '51 JC Higgins , bought from original owner . I actually was working on this recently . I painted the chain guard maroon , months ago , and last week I scuffed it , masked it off , and shot the stripe gold . And when I peeled the tape , all the maroon came with it :cry: no mechanical adhesion . Haven't got up the nerve to try again yet .
059.jpg
These are just the projects that I'm currently interested in , of course I've got a garage full of backburners . Am I insane :?: :shock:

dogdart said:
Am I insane :?: :shock:

i hope not. otherwise they need to set up the next padded room for me. one of my first post was just like this. a million projects and none done. i think of all the bikes i showed then i've finished one.

All are really nice projects.. hope you find your road master tank! I sold off my straight bar CWC project and decided to just patiently look for a complete bike.. it was for the same reason, too.. tank seemed harder to find than a bike. Yours is way closer though, and that light is awesome.. another tough piece of that bike to find.

This thread has a little therapy built-in, which is a bonus to the eye candy! I've been beating myself up for starting too many projects and finishing very few... seems I'm not alone, which makes me want to go start a new project to celebrate!! :lol:

lobsterboyx said:
great looking super deluxe and color flow - 2 of my favorites. you should post that murray... or just sell it to me :mrgreen:
I've got the Murray boxed up for a trade to A.S.BOLTNUT , but can't seem to ever get it shipped . "This thread has a little therapy built-in, which is a bonus to the eye candy! I've been beating myself up for starting too many projects and finishing very few... seems I'm not alone, which makes me want to go start a new project to celebrate!! " that's what prompted me to start it , your comment of finishing very few .

So... almost a year has passed , while some have come and gone some new projects have taken over center stage . My Monark Super Deluxe is the only one of these I'd call finished . It is also a rider :) The Airman is also a rider , though I hope to paint it someday . My Gasser sees the most use , I still need to complete the rear fender , and paint it orange . The Colorflow has remained untouched , the Roadmaster has had some progress , but I still need the tank , and my boardtracker has been scattered in all directions and pic's to come of the frames new dragbike build :eek:
014-4.jpg
001-4.jpg

Why finish a project when you can start a new one :?: The last piece I needed for this is on it's way , so time to start a new one :p I want to upgrade some features on my Rollfast . Like a springer , deluxe rack w/ directional lights , ball lamp light , and a New Departure Triple Speed
100_0068.jpg
100_0069.jpg
100_0070.jpg

Latest posts

Back