TIRE KICKERS!

Discussion in 'FORUM TALK' started by slick, Jun 7, 2012.

1. slick

slick

Here is the way i see it. If you don't have money for something then don't bump up the for sale thread with " I wish I had the money" or "can I get a shipping qoute" then comeback with, "ok, well i don't have any money anyway right now". What is that???!!! You are wasting time of the seller to box the item up, get the shipping qoute, and then bail on the deal when somebody else could have bought it? And then post on the thread "PM of interest" means, = probably not going to buy it. Either buy it or let the next guy. If you think shipping will kill the deal, then don't bother. If $5-10 bucks is too much to ship an item, hop in your car and drive cross country and see what it will cost you in gas. This is why i stay off this site. Too many chain jerkers. All of us have lives and other responsibilities. If you just want to chat, fine, do it in another area of the site. Not the For Sale area. It's for sale for a reason, i need the money. PERIOD.

2. partsguy

partsguy

I have had this happen as well a few times, but what really wasted my time was selling things on the musclebikeforums. I have made a few transactions that were very smooth and trouble free. However, three times I was stood up on complete bikes and several times on parts.

3. MIGZ

MIGZ

This is the main reason I do first come first serve. Just because we are talking does not mean you are the one that has first shot at it. First person to pay up is who really wants it.

This has upset some people in the past but the reality is that there are way too many people kicking tires. I want to deal with people that want to buy.

4. RonK

RonK

I see it in a different light, guys. Yes, there are tire kickers (I've been in the car business for 20 plus years, so don't tell me something I already know)... A lot of times I see it as an opportunity for your thread to pop back into the top of the posts to be seen when people post on it. It's the capitalist's nature to negotiate, everyone wants to feel like they are getting a good deal!

I teach the sales people who work for me this mantra "some will, some won't, so what...who's next!?!

Wusaa, take a deep breath , and for gosh sakes...let's not take ourselves TOO seriously!

5. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

Yeah if your making a living selling bikes and parts you having a tough go.
    This is really suppose to be about fun. Anything that your selling should be
    to fund another part you want and it won't cost you as much. Lots of the people
    here are like garage sale people....will you take $1 for that $2 item. Everybody wants
    a good deal. I hate when someone really wants a deal and you feel sorry for them and
    then check the address on google earth and the person that just sad storied you down
    way lower then you wanted , lives in a huge 2 story house on 10 acres in downtown New England. Ouch! :cry:

6. big kountry

big kountry

What gets me is intresting trades what is intresting for one person isn't to others so why not put up what you will trade for

7. ruddigger

ruddigger

So you don't like when somebody bumps your sale thread to the top for more people to see? :?