Tin Roof Rusted

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my BO14 Class 1 entry.

024.JPG

Rusty Columbia. Year unknown. I haven't been able to locate the serial # yet. Crank turns freely, the fork not so much. No time to work on it yet as I killed my lawnmower today.

Very nice! Looks identical to the 56 I used a few years ago so probly from that era
Someone had a picture of it listed on CL and they were wanting to know the make and year. I told them it was a Columbia and from the 50s. Then I asked him if he wanted to sell it and he said "Sure". When I went to pick it up he threw in a ratty fender and some mismatched wheels with a Bendix Tandem coaster brake hub and heavy gauge spokes.

Finally got most everything disassembled. Kinda scary that it came apart so easy. Disclaimer: I haven't tried the seatpost yet.

Before I started, I threw on some mockup wheels and a seat.
001.JPG

002.JPG
003.JPG

Fork came out super easy, and super crooked. The stem came out easy also.
005.JPG

Crank bearing cups are different to what I'm used to. Previous owner used plenty of grease, so hopefully they can stay.
015.JPG

Possible rims. I also have a rusty chrome set that are in the running.

Last edited:
Yup...I saw the fork was a little bit out, but if nobody else was going to say it, I sure wasn't going the be the one to open my mouth.
Oh yeah, it was painfully obvious. Probably why it ended up at the bottom of the bike pile in somebody's barn. The only question is whether I can fix it or not. I'm going to take a stab at it.

Latest posts

Back