Time Twister...DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Groundhog (It's Taillight Tuesday!!!)

It's TAILLIGHT TUESDAY!!!....Man I hope I can find my soldering iron before midnight.

Re: The Groundhog

Joker-n-Jack said:
got the laidback seatpost on and reinstalled the seat.

Groundhog610201202.jpg

That seat post really sets it off.

Re: The Groundhog (Maybe NOT Steamed Rat...)

Joker-n-Jack said:
The "extendable geomagnetic directional guidance and solar timekeeping machine" is finished and installed.

IMG-20120618-02578.jpg
That is cool!!!

Re: The Groundhog

MazdaFlyer said:
Joker-n-Jack said:
got the laidback seatpost on and reinstalled the seat.

Groundhog610201202.jpg

That seat post really sets it off.

Thanks for the kind words Mr. Flyer
To me, the seat and post look a little out-of-kilter in pictures. They seem to flow a little better in real life.

Re: The Groundhog (It's Taillight Tuesday!!!)

I'm completely bummed that I didn't finish my taillight yesterday...maybe tonight.
It just seemed important to me that the taillight was functioning completely as I wanted so I had to go get some other parts today.

Re: The Groundhog (It's Taillight Wednesday!)

Hey! IT'S TAILLIGHT WEDNESDAY!!!
EVERYBODY POST A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE TAILLIGHT TODAY!!!

How bought this one from last year?

Photo-0012.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

Peatbog said:
Dang, taillight Wednesday and I ain't got no stinkin' taillight.

Even if I did, I don't think I could beat that beer taillight.

It flashes too!!!

Re: The Groundhog (It's Taillight Wedn..um..Taillight Thursday?)

Ok...I have wired my taillight twice and broken leads off of l.e.d.s both times...I am going to give it one more shot tonight and then if it doesn't work try something else....I'm getting tired of buying l.e.d.s and the people at Radio Shack are starting to look at me funny.

Re: The Groundhog (It's Taillight Wedn..um..Taillight Thursday?)

ChrisMac said:
This is really looking slick. Loving the headlight and mounting. Awesome.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it (and it went together pretty easy). I've been away at Church Camp for the last few days. I'm ready to get back at it after I sleep a day away...hoping to get the taillight finished before I go back to camp this weekend.

Re: The Groundhog (It's really gonna be taillight Thursday!!!)

This is what I've been trying to work into a tail light

clocklight2001.jpg

After a few unsuccessful attempts at the wiring I took my situation to my good friend "Friendly Neighborhood Steve" (who actually builds robots and stuff) and he figured out my issue and had it luminous in no time...

clocklight2002.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to fasten the back on and mounting...and pray that the police don't think it's a bikebomb!

Really cool idea for a light.
Especially for your build!

bike2112 said:
That taillight idea with the clock is awesome. Since your build is the GZroundhog, are you going to make every number on the clock a "7" in honor of groundhog day (or hour)? Great work dude.

I have already copyrighted "7" for this build off. No one else is allowed to use a "7" on their bike without paying me royalties. :p :p :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
bike2112 said:
That taillight idea with the clock is awesome. Since your build is the GZroundhog, are you going to make every number on the clock a "7" in honor of groundhog day (or hour)? Great work dude.

I have already copyrighted "7" for this build off. No one else is allowed to use a "7" on their bike without paying me royalties. :p :p :mrgreen:

I would never infringe on your copyrighted "7" Kingfish...I was thinking of using an inverted capital letter "L" though...

Joker-n-Jack said:
kingfish254 said:
bike2112 said:

I would never infringe on your copyrighted "7" Kingfish...I was thinking of using an inverted capital letter "L" though...

Would that make my bike "The Anti-FlexLiner"?

Oh no, if you grab the "L" then I will have to change my name to "F7ex-7iner 7".

Re: The Groundhog (NAME CHANGE PENDING "Time Twister!)

OK, so I've been trying to come up with a fitting name sice "The Groundhog" doesn't really apply anymore. After much deliberation I came up with "Steamed Rat" which was really pretty gross (I should have known someone would actually find a picture of a steamed rat on the interwebs). LOL

So I deliberated some more and came up with "Time Twister" which fits the bike since one of the objectives was to confuse people as to how old the bike is. So I ran it past my wife and she said she really liked it and if I can do anything to minimize the chance of her freaking out over me building a bike in our dining room well then that's a good thing! :D

So "Time Twister" it is. And no inverted capital "L"s!

Latest posts

Back