Time Twister...DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Groundhog (A.K.A. STEAMED RAT)

I'm thinking these might look good on a Steampunk Bike...

brass20equipment.jpg

Re: The Groundhog (Maybe NOT Steamed Rat...)

I am thinking you might be right!

Thrift store lamp parts...

IMG-20120617-02573.jpg

to Victorian era Hydraulic cylinder...

IMG-20120617-02575.jpg

Or a very fancy Victorian toilet paper roll holder!! :p :mrgreen:
Very slick!!!

The "extendable geomagnetic directional guidance and solar timekeeping machine" is finished and installed.

IMG-20120618-02578.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Steampunk GPS! Sweet!

Go, go, go....

Cheers,
Dr. T

Hahahaha.That's good!

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Steampunk GPS! Sweet!

Go, go, go....

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks! That was my thoughts exactly. LOL! Now if I could just make it talk!

Nice use of solar powered "green" parts! I'm pretty sure you should be able to get some kind of tax write off for that. It looks soo cool on your bike.

Where did you locate that vintage Garmin????

kingfish254 said:

LOL! Well, their headquarters is only a few minutes from where I work. A little known fact is that they actually have an extensive "Global Positioning Museum"...I know people that know people if you know what I mean...some of them specialize in...let's say..."acquisitions"...

Joker-n-Jack said:
kingfish254 said:

LOL! Well, their headquarters is only a few minutes from where I work. A little known fact is that they actually have an extensive "Global Positioning Museum"...I know people that know people if you know what I mean...some of them specialize in...let's say..."acquisitions"...

You need to get them to find you a small Garmin logo for your old GPS.

I'm going to be heading down to Fort Leonard Wood later this morning to visit my Daughter and Son-In-Law for a few days. We are going down to be there for the first sonagram(?) of the Grandfetus and will find out if its a boy or a girl. :D Then later this week I'm off to counsel 4th and 5th graders at Church Camp, back for three days then back out to counsel the high schoolers at camp for a week...It's awesome!...but I will be jonesin for bikeystuff!
Time is running short and I have all the "Steampunky" stuff that I want to put on the bike but am having a real hard time figuring out hows and wheres. Man it would be nice to have some tools and equipment to use. Maybe the time at camp will provide me with some Divine Inspiration.

Working on the "Forward Facing Bi-Polar Electro-Luminescent Device" today...also known as the F.F.B.P.E.L.D....Also known as the Headlight. It is based on a design by Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr.

Re: The Groundhog (working on lighting...)

The idea and the parts for the headlight kinda fell together(literally)on their own. Figuring out how I was going to mount it was a whole different story!

IMG-20120626-02645.jpg

IMG-20120626-02648.jpg

IMG-20120626-02649.jpg

IMG-20120626-02646.jpg

Best use of a plate hanger goes to........

Cool light! Love the umbilical cords!!

I can't believe you found the original adjustable handlebar mount for that vintage Garmin!!!

kingfish254 said:
Best use of a plate hanger goes to........

Cool light! Love the umbilical cords!!

I can't believe you found the original adjustable handlebar mount for that vintage Garmin!!!

Hahaa! I didn't know if anyone would recognize the plate hanger!

Latest posts

Back