Time Twister...DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Groundhog

This is how she sits right now...rides good...but unfinished...I still have a lot I want to do but my car broke down BAD! I have to focus everything I can on that for a while...

IMG-20120605-02354.jpg

Plenty of time. You already have a cool rider and almost 2 months to finish tinkering.

kingfish254 said:
Plenty of time. You already have a cool rider and almost 2 months to finish tinkering.

Thanks Kingfish. I appreciate the kind words and encouragement. I had just hoped to be able to get it finished sooner.

I've been away counseling at Church Camp...surrounded by over fifty 4th and 5th graders and God on 350 acres of beautiful woods and it really reminded me just how blessed I am to be able to work in the field I do, as well as everything else in my life...I did suffer a little "bike withdrawel" though (hopefully I can take a bike out next time).

Today though I got another piece to my two wheeled puzzle...I never thought I'd be so excited about a piece of bent metal!

new20seatpost.jpg

What part of North KC you in? I grew up in Gladstone...Also spent a lot of time in Gower..a small town north of KC on 169..

Houndog said:
What part of North KC you in? I grew up in Gladstone...Also spent a lot of time in Gower..a small town north of KC on 169..

I actually grew up in Independence and now live in KC. I work at First Christian Church of North Kansas City just off of Armour Rd.

That saddle is gonna look great farther back.

I was so excited to try out the bike with the seat moved back that I HAD to go for a ride. Probably not a great idea at eleven o-clock at night on a bike with no lights, no reflectors and almost no reflective surfaces! LOL! But I gotta say it made the bikes geometry almost perfect for me (short and squatty).

Groundhog6102012.jpg

Hopefully I can get some pictures in the daylight soon.

Looks even better than I pictured it would. The seatpost just sorta flows up from the cantilevers.
I am going to probably end up with some laid back seatpost as well to make my bike fit me better, plus they are just cool.

I'm keeping an eye on this one!!!!

marvin.jpg

OK, Got a question...probably a stupid one...

How do I edit the name of my thread here?

I've got a cool Rat Bike to ride around on but I picked a theme to go with and things are about to get weird...

First off the snazzy BLUE cable housing HAS to go.

Joker-n-Jack said:

I've got a cool Rat Bike to ride around on but I picked a theme to go with and things are about to get weird...

Go to page 1 of your build and edit your first post title. That is what shows up on the forum, and when someone posts a reply.

kingfish254 said:
Joker-n-Jack said:

Go to page 1 of your build and edit your first post title. That is what shows up on the forum, and when someone posts a reply.

Thanks again...You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Re: The Groundhog (You mean I can change the title...YEAAAH!)

Your welcome. And now when someone replys the subject has your page 1 header.

What are you changing the name to???? "The Hedgehog"

tumblr_lp7o4gmlTc1qhad68o1_400.jpg

Back