Time Twister...DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Groundhog

Sanding, sanding, sanding...((oh what fun!))
The ((double Parentheses)) is my way of communicating sarcasm. As in ((I just LOVE spinach)).

Joker-n-Jack said:
The ((double Parentheses)) is my way of communicating sarcasm. As in ((I just LOVE spinach)).

That's not a bad idea, I had a parenthesis idea once that never caught on except for with my little sister. If you placed something in backward parenthesis )these idiots will never understand my brilliance( it was a thought, usually a scathing thought that the other person could not read or refer to.

yoothgeye said:
Joker-n-Jack said:

That's not a bad idea, I had a parenthesis idea once that never caught on except for with my little sister. If you placed something in backward parenthesis )these idiots will never understand my brilliance( it was a thought, usually a scathing thought that the other person could not read or refer to.

I like that! I will use it....and will do my best to spread it's use.

The real secret to getting that paint to stick is to make sure it's REALLY CLEAN after you sand it. I usually start by using up a can of brake cleaner on it (the real stuff from the red cans; the non-chlorinated stuff in the green can doesn't work, and is highly flammable to boot). and finish up with a paint prep cleaner (Total Prep is a good brand).

AngryGroundhog01.jpg

Peatbog said:
Oh sorry, I meant to say what a fine young man that yoothgeye is )punk kid(.*

*I better quit now. Last time this sort of thing happened, I got a warning.

Haha, a RRB.com warning... that's already on your personal record, I looked. )hope I'm not next(

Joker-n-Jack said:
I started with this it took 2 cans of aircraft stripper from O'reily
Betsy.jpg

3 coats off primer and wet sand in between its alot less work than where you are at now
myrat.jpg

Hey if you dont wanna use that fork, i need it for one of mine. I got a chrome springer that i would do some tradin on if thats what you would wanna go for??

deezenuts said:
Hey if you dont wanna use that fork, i need it for one of mine. I got a chrome springer that i would do some tradin on if thats what you would wanna go for??
I wish I had 1 of those forks :( Id trade in a heartbeat but all I got are strait bar an a few mountain bike forks :(

big kountry said:
deezenuts said:
I wish I had 1 of those forks :( Id trade in a heartbeat but all I got are strait bar an a few mountain bike forks :(

Who wants what forks? I was thinking springer...You talkin' to me?

I haven't been able to work on the bike as much as I wanted...STILL SANDING! But I will finish the sanding today one way....or...else...I don't know but I'm getting it done.

Oh, I got the kickstand off!!! Thanks for the ideas guys...I had to do it a little different but basically the same. And I couldn't have done it without you'all.
Oh, scored a seatpost from Marty (10-18 KUSTOMS)!!!

Part of the problem is that everytime I get on here I find SO many cool bikes to look at four hours later and no work done...must...finish...sanding...

deezenuts said:
If I'm not mistaken he was wanting your forks an has a springer to trade

deezenuts said:

If it's a simple drop in to replace it, I would consider a trade...otherwise I'll probably stay with this fork or try to put together a springer out of this one...I don't know that much about what forks fit what frames etc...I don't want to wind up not being able to finish the bike because I don't have the correct fork. Let me know. As you can see I started priming it...will this make a difference for you?

check out tin mans emory build he has a similar fork an built a springer out of it I started out wanting a springer but quickly decided that everone else was going that route so away went the idea of springin it up

Latest posts

Back