threw together another quickie board tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I found this on CL for $20. Picked it up on way to girlfriend's house Friday night.

3022262180_710f1f4418_o.jpg

used the rear wheel and tire, crank, chain to make this:

3022262322_e73446f377_o.jpg

3022262584_49f41899b0_o.jpg

BigPantBob made the stem for another bike, but it ended up here (thanks again Bob!). The tank plate is my old mail box cut up with tin snips and painted by myself. Later when the paint dried i distressed the lettering with sand paper. The fork and trusses I bought on Ebay. It was green. I masked off the stars and spear and painted it matte black. I like the white trusses.

It's going to get this layback seatpost. Again thanks to Bob for welding it. Now if he can remember to bring it in lol Hey I gotta say, it's great to have friends with pickup trucks, but it's even better when they also have a welder 8-0

3022262444_0ca304060d_o.jpg

Dude! How many bikes are you up to now? LOL. This bike building thing has certainly bit you... and that's not a bad thing either.

I'm liking the sign plate you've fabricated. You're also doing the environment good by recycling too!

Clark

Love that frame and fork.What is the fork from? Looks great. Did you do the lettering?

Clark I've lost count - I think I have 13 bikes now. It's getting a little cramped in the small cottage. I am seriously done. No really, stop laughing you guys, I'm done. If I build 1 more, then something has to go. Like if I build something around the S7 wheels and tires I got from bombshelterbikes.... oh crap.

I got that Elgin fork on Ebay. Guy who sold it even cut it down and rethreaded for no extra cost. How cool is that? yes, I did the lettering. It's been years since I've done any sign painting, I'm a bit shakey. thinking about getting back to it for side work. I'd probably be good (with more practice) at distressed signage for the rat craze.

thanks guys - yup, bit by the board bug for sure. i really like the look. thanks to everyone on this forum for all the great ideas.

^^ i think the seat rails are too close together to do that, but I'll double check. One of my other bikes I did that way, the rails were wide enough.

Latest posts

Back