THIS IS WHAT ARIZONA IS LIKE

Discussion in 'EBAY/CRAIGSLIST ADS' started by naturephotoboy3, Jan 11, 2012.

1. naturephotoboy3

naturephotoboy3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thats the bike swap meet i think i went to before..over at a bike shop. The swap meet is behind the store...It was NO swap meet...it was a bunch of JUNK to say the least. I think one guy had about 25 Stingrays and all were priced over 300...WAAAAAAAY toooooo hi.

Thanks for the links to the craigslist ad's. Im sure those bikes will be for sale for a LONG LONG time. I'd pay 150 for the first listing and no more than 100 for the second. As you can see by most of my posting's..im ANTI-high bike prices. It makes NO SENSE to list these bikes so high. I dont care if they are 2000 years old...the bike has two wheels..a chain and rides like an $89 dollar walmart bike....actually probably worse then a walmart bike. Sure it wont turn heads and get the oooooo's and aaaaaah's..but in the end...my pocket will say aaaaaah thanks for the break today....good choice not paying too much. And not to knock the bikes...they are super cool and nice...just not going to get sold at those prices
  2. Murray-Eliminator

Murray-Eliminator

0   0   0

Then i suggest to try Walmart! . sounds more like your looking for chinese crap..lol
  3. naturephotoboy3

naturephotoboy3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

actually walmart bikes are great to buy just for the rims. As far as the complete bikes..they are not bad. There are Bike collectors (not me) and there are bike builders/riders..THAT WOULD BE ME. Those Ridiculously over priced bikes make NOOOO sense. A collector that buys a bike for 10 times what it is worth ruins it for those who actually want to ride them. Those poor bikes dont have a chance. They get bought and set on a shelf to collect dust. Kinda like the BArrett Jackson auctions out here. Overpriced cars getting bought to sit in a showroom so everyone can go...oooooh looky there. So why bother putting and engine in them...they never get driven.

So who buys these bikes for $600??? No ONE, i check the ad's all the time. The same bikes posted day after day..shouldn't that tell ya something??? other then people are cheap..and why not be?? Im not into making anyones mortgage payment for them this month.

Ebay is a great place to get things cheap...once the auction ends without a buyer..which happens more times then they sell items..you simply contact the seller..offer half or less and they ALWAYS bite. Just my cheap cents.

Just because someone is asking a cray amount..doesnt mean it is worth it. If someone is not bright enough to know the difference...then god bless them for being rich
  4. blackchop1

blackchop1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

i could not have said it any better than naturephotoboy3 did.
  5. naturephotoboy3

naturephotoboy3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

So there is actually someone else that agrees with me on here??? WOW...i thought i was alone in thinking that people are NUTS and have way too much money. But then again just when you think you have it figured out..someone comes along and list's a bike for 800 dollars. Oh well....someday everyone will wake up and smell the nonsense
  6. wheelymarko

wheelymarko

0   0   0

Most of the sellers on ebay are displaying they're rides, Hoping that special buyer comes along. After paying over 8 bux to list and sell a 56.00 frame and forx. I'm starting to see why they ask so much for them.
  7. naturephotoboy3

naturephotoboy3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Ask all you want..and when it doesn't sell you then get to start the process all over and chances are with the same results. Bikes are not HUGE money makers. And if you do come across that one individual with more money then sense you get lucky.
  8. whoinphx

whoinphx

0   0   0

Like GTV posted, I've heard about the Bike Swap Meet in April. The last few years it was at Phoenix Municipal Stadium, by the Zoo.Last years was supposed to be the biggest and best ever.... of course I missed it. The one in April isn't dead set yet but I hear it supposed to be somewhere out in Mesa.
    Maybe I'll see some of you there if and when it happens....
  9. GTV

GTV

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I saw a flyer and a bunch of postcards printed up at a bike shop last weekend... It's on, it's in Mesa, it's April 14th, but no other information :roll:
  10. naturephotoboy3

naturephotoboy3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

If anyone knows anymore about it please let me know. Id like to go and see whats going on here.
  11. naturephotoboy3

naturephotoboy3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

http://www.azbikefest.org there is all the info on there about the april 14th festival. Sounds cool. I look forward to seeing some guys there from the site
  12. whoinphx

whoinphx

0   0   0

I think I'll definitely be there. I'll have to take the Light Rail in and ride 4 1/2 miles to get there, so I don't know about the "Fun Ride", but I'll most assuredly be looking at the Swap Meet.
    It'd be cool to meet some of you guys there.

*** MAYBE Petrohead could bring his RRBB #6 Winner "Deluxe 6 Rat Racer"....He lives in Mesa, and I'd LOVE to see that bike in person.....
  13. naturephotoboy3

naturephotoboy3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I hope everyone from AZ that is on here will attend. Maybe we can all meet somewhere??
  14. GTV

GTV

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I'll be there, probably pack the bikes in the truck though. It would take ages to ride the light rail from central Phoenix.
  15. GTV

GTV

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

What is the exact location for the event? Specifically the swap... I don't see any details on the website.
  16. Tempe-Terror

Tempe-Terror

0   0   0

[​IMG]

There is at least one big bike swap a year here in Phoenix and upwards of two giant ones in Tucson. I think we have more than most cities do.
  17. naturephotoboy3

naturephotoboy3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Would be nice to have one good size swap meet each month. I hate buying parts on line and when i want to build something different it's hard to find cool parts. Only Local bike shop around that even remotely has some old items is Ehrhart (spelling) schwinn on University. This one coming up in Mesa should be a good one
  18. whoinphx

whoinphx

0   0   0

This swap meet should be good...
    I hear you about parts, I'm closer to the westside of town, so it might not be convenient for you but... there is a bike shop on 43rd Ave & Bethany Home sometimes has stuff pretty reasonable, a shop at 15th Ave and Hatcher (I thinks its called Try Me Bicycle), cool place GREAT old bikes and some parts, I don't want to say overpriced but.....eh.... Lastly there is a shop on 35th Ave & Glendale, I haven't been there myself ..yet... but I hear its pretty good...
  19. Tempe-Terror

Tempe-Terror

0   0   0

Seriously, a monthly swap would be unsustainable. Not near enough people buying parts to make it worthwhile. No city has monthly vintage bike swaps. Finding parts in PHX is pretty easy if you spend less time searching behind the keyboard and more time hitting the junk shops and swap meets on the far east side of town. I've never had a hard time getting a hold of interesting parts.
  20. badlandkustoms

badlandkustoms

0   0   0

Hey Im going to be in Phx. Mesa area, but not till May :cry: