THICK as a BRICK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
.....Aaaaannnddd, done! (Just like I said 3 months ago.)

Here's the money shot:

IMG_6070.JPG

Here's the build thread:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/thick-as-a-brick-last-peek.106398/

Here is when we first met:

IMG_3994.JPG

Neat, but kinda bland.

Here are a bunch of full pictures of the bike:

IMG_6069.JPG

IMG_6071.JPG
IMG_6073.JPG
IMG_6076.JPG
IMG_6079.JPG
IMG_6080.JPG
IMG_6081.JPG
IMG_6094.JPG

Here are some detail pictures of the bike:

IMG_6111.JPG
IMG_6110.JPG
IMG_6108.JPG
IMG_6107.JPG
IMG_6106.JPG

If I had more time I'd make all the KMC logos go the same way...stuff like that bothers me, but oh well.

IMG_6103.JPG
IMG_6102.JPG
The lamp bases...

IMG_6090.JPG
The collector plates...

IMG_6088.JPG

The shower caddy...

IMG_6085.JPG
The sink strainers...

IMG_6084.JPG

The bungee holders...

I was going to edit these a little more and retake a few, but they look ok on my monitor I guess. Your mileage may vary. Honestly, I just want to be done and go back to my life. I'm tired of showering off aluminum bits every night and coughing up spray paint. I really like the way it turned out though, it's just that a lot of my ideas didn't come until the end.

Last edited:
That 'top down' photo looks like the pedals are hidden underneath your exhaust pipes on the backstroke. Able to make a complete circle on the pedals seems like a stretch, especially clipped in?

Ride vid....?

.....Aaaaannnddd, done! (Just like I said 3 months ago.)

Here's the money shot:

View attachment 81978

Here's the build thread:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/thick-as-a-brick-last-peek.106398/

Here is when we first met:

View attachment 81979
Neat, but kinda bland.

Here are a bunch of full pictures of the bike:

View attachment 81980
View attachment 81983 View attachment 81982 View attachment 81981 View attachment 81987 View attachment 81986 View attachment 81985 View attachment 81984
Great design and engineering!

That 'top down' photo looks like the pedals are hidden underneath your exhaust pipes on the backstroke. Able to make a complete circle on the pedals seems like a stretch, especially clipped in?

Ride vid....?

Not really any issues at all.

Ride video:

I knew I would be able to bumble down the road on it, but much to my surprise it rides really well. I need to tighten a few things up on it, a few things aren't set in place because I still want to paint and finish them off some more, but after that I could actually ride it around town just like any other bike. Even the pedals, which I used specifically for looks, aren't an issue at all. I thought my feet would be slipping off of them, but they work just like any other pedal.

At any rate, I think it more than fits the criteria of "bike must be rideable". ;)

Looks good. Might have been the camera lens / angle that made the pedals look inaccessible.

You passed the ride test! RiDe oN!

Keep in mind it started as a fat bike too, so everything is bigger on it, including perceived clearance. It's hard to judge in pics by itself, but compare it to other bikes in the pics. It's actually the size and feel of a motorcycle.

Masterful doodadery man!
I like how you put your own signature on this fatty!
MO FATTA MO BETTA

Who would have thought a fat felt could look so cool & the doodads [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love bikes that do a 180' turn around. This bike has a lot of fine details,neat and clean with lots of eye spy extras. :cool2::113:

Latest posts

Back