RRBBO13 THICK as a BRICK <Last peek!>

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
......aaaaand, done:

image.jpeg

Seriously though...I know it's a cool bike to begin with, but I think I can make it way cooler. If not, the idea is to be able to return it to its stock form as you see here. I don't think that will happen, but if it really doesn't turn out like it looks in my head I really like the bike as-is, so I don't want to paint it or drill into it or anything. A lot of the parts will be bolt-on, but I still plan to fabricate a few things, time permitting.

I'm going to try my hand at this whole vlogging thing too. Hopefully that will go well and will save me from posting a million pictures. If not, I'll do it the old way. Hoping to get a couple videos up by the weekend, one featuring the bike and my ideas for it, and another "unboxing" video of all the parts I have already:

image.jpeg

They've been slowly consuming a corner of my living room for a month now. I'm excited to get started!

I have had one of those and I agree that it is a pretty slick bike right out of the box. Have fun putting your mark on it.

Just saw Jethro Tull a couple years ago, again. They still have it.
Looks like your build idea does too! RaT oN~!

Great bike already be watching to see all the improvements come to life [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're starting with a bike that looks better than ALL my finished BO bikes....Your plan sounds good.

Solid parts pile my dude, I like the direction you're taking the bike :thumbsup:.

Baby steps... I really need to get this front rim laced up to see if it causes any issues, but I noticed this clean raised center on the front rim with no spoke holes and thought it needed something. I found this tape at Walmart that is about the same color as the frame, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Obviously it's way easier to apply before I get the rim laced...
IMG_4903.PNG

Cool idea for the spoke transfer.
Just a tip, you may want to also include a couple of pics in your posts for the RRBers that may not have good enough coverage for video.
Build on man.

Well, when stuff just bolts on things happen in a hurry!

I have a little issue with the steerer tube on the fork being slightly too short. Not sure if it's going to be a critical issue or not, but the second bolt on the stem is right at the top of the steer tube, with no way to get it down any further. I think it'll be ok once I get a star nut down in there and the cap on, but I may look for a longer fork just to be safe.

IMG_4906.JPG

Other than that the front end mock-up looks good! Fork sounds like it might be noisy when riding, we'll see. Clearance doesn't seem like it's going to be an issue, even with a 57mm rim and 26"x3" tire.

IMG_4908.JPG
IMG_4909.JPG

I may flip the stem over and see if the lines flow together any better, but I'm ok with it the way it is.

IMG_4910.JPG

Latest posts

Back