RRBBO13 THICK as a BRICK <Last peek!>

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should be fine. Yes ideally it should be lower but right at the top is ok especially with a stem like that. If it were say a carbon stem that would be bad.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

I took it in to the LBS today and had them seat the crown race properly, so it fits a little better now. He said it should be ok. The higher bolt is right at the top of the fork tube now, so I'm not too concerned about it. Got the star nut installed too, so tightening the top cap down helps seat everything better too. should be fine, but I didn't give myself much wiggle room.

Got some big news for some of you! (TRM in particular...). Not going to spoil it with a picture just yet. I'll let someone watch the video and post about it here or somewhere else on the forums. It's something people have been looking for for a while. It comes up pretty quick in the vid, you don't have to watch the whole thing. I just talk about how I found it. Probably post some pics and a link in the morning.

Wish there was a dedicated manufacture that make cool cruiser/balloon tires, those will make your bike pop :thumbsup:.

Ok, for those of you that haven't watched the video, I found an eBay supplier that is selling the Schwinn Aerovane tires by themselves. Long story short, they're going to cost you $40 each shipped.

Easiest way to find them is to go to eBay and type in "serpentine tires" in the search box. Seller is wto_bike. In the auction you want to select 26x3.0 in the first box and serpentine in the second box. Right now there are 4 available, hopefully there will be more.

Here is a comparison with the Felt Zig Zag tire:

IMG_4912.JPG
IMG_4913.JPG

That is a great match to use as a fat/skinny combo with the ZigZag by the way.

It's interesting how changing the photo angle changes the look of the size of the wheels and tires relative to each other. From the front they both look the same, from the rear there is a big difference. Overall I'm happy with the two together. I was worried about the front being too small and it looking "cartoony", but it's coming out looking just as I had hoped. Anxious to get that rear rim on there to see the final look!

IMG_4914.JPG
IMG_4915.JPG
IMG_4916.JPG

And Kingfish is on it like a hawk...or a Kingfisher perched above the water ready for his kamakaZi dive towards his prey.

Very cool tyres. I just had a look at the Ebay auction and they're still there. Would cost me NZ$81.73 for one shipped to NZ. :eek:

Glen.

Latest posts

Back