RRBBO13 THICK as a BRICK <Last peek!>

Dec 11, 2011
Central Ohio
......aaaaand, done:

image.jpeg

Seriously though...I know it's a cool bike to begin with, but I think I can make it way cooler. If not, the idea is to be able to return it to its stock form as you see here. I don't think that will happen, but if it really doesn't turn out like it looks in my head I really like the bike as-is, so I don't want to paint it or drill into it or anything. A lot of the parts will be bolt-on, but I still plan to fabricate a few things, time permitting.

I'm going to try my hand at this whole vlogging thing too. Hopefully that will go well and will save me from posting a million pictures. If not, I'll do it the old way. Hoping to get a couple videos up by the weekend, one featuring the bike and my ideas for it, and another "unboxing" video of all the parts I have already:

image.jpeg

They've been slowly consuming a corner of my living room for a month now. I'm excited to get started!

Apr 14, 2015
Great bike already be watching to see all the improvements come to life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2011
Central Ohio
Baby steps... I really need to get this front rim laced up to see if it causes any issues, but I noticed this clean raised center on the front rim with no spoke holes and thought it needed something. I found this tape at Walmart that is about the same color as the frame, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Obviously it's way easier to apply before I get the rim laced...
IMG_4903.PNG

Dec 11, 2011
Central Ohio
Well, when stuff just bolts on things happen in a hurry!

I have a little issue with the steerer tube on the fork being slightly too short. Not sure if it's going to be a critical issue or not, but the second bolt on the stem is right at the top of the steer tube, with no way to get it down any further. I think it'll be ok once I get a star nut down in there and the cap on, but I may look for a longer fork just to be safe.

IMG_4906.JPG

Other than that the front end mock-up looks good! Fork sounds like it might be noisy when riding, we'll see. Clearance doesn't seem like it's going to be an issue, even with a 57mm rim and 26"x3" tire.

IMG_4908.JPG
IMG_4909.JPG

I may flip the stem over and see if the lines flow together any better, but I'm ok with it the way it is.

IMG_4910.JPG