the worst looking rat rod car i have ever seen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
It's funny how this stuff has evolved.

About 15 years ago the term "Rat Rod" was used for cars that were painted flat black and had red wheels with white wall tires. Even all of the bike companies that had a Rat Rod model used that paint scheme.

Now it seems that it has morphed into this exaggerated style that is trying to recreate the Ed Roth cartoon vehicles using wild looking rusty parts from everything and anything.

As always it will run its course and eventually it will fade away like a teal colored pro street tubbed out Camaro with a neon pink heart beat stripe down the side. :lol:

I do agread it's a new era and a new life style that not every one will like to live with( the new style of ratrod ) :lol:

i always thought something rat rod was something that was not really normal, but it was what you wanted it to be.

bighit said:
violated the first of the two golden rules. 1st.dont cross style genres. 2nd. dont cross eras.

:lol: don't tell the good folks here on rrb, they love to cross era's. kinda like making a rat rod out of an 2010 electra. :)

as for the ugly s-10? rat rodding is all about building something cool with what ya got.
love it or hate it, the builders got ya all talking about something ya usually wouldn't lift an eye brow to.

i say job well done!

theVULTURE said:
you guys know I'm a sucker for mini-trucks, and I dig a fenderless ride........... :mrgreen:
I actually kinda like it.... I wouldn't build one myself, but I kinda like it :?
sorry Karfer....... I think I just blew any chance of being a Grinder now........ :|

Ummmm,

It's cool. Is it for me? No, but I appreciate what they did. I've seen a lot worse.

Hooch said:
i would take 20 s10s like that before i would have a lifted 4x4 or a donk!
Speaking of Donks out in the sticks here we have a few wanna bee gangsters trying to run um But they dont do well on dirt roads. But the family was with me in Sac once and we see this Toyota jacked with the Donk look and were pointing and laughing , and then I start thinking this guys probably packing , and I sped up a little bit , the other way, not in Lake County anymore.

People outside of the Hot Rod world love that rusty scary stuff.
I was at the Daytona Turkey run and watched crowds and crowds of people flock around the most dangerous looking pile of garbage all day long. And two cars down was a 100,000 dollar Chip Foose style coupe that was beautiful and perfect in everyway, and people just walked right past to see the Rot Rod. I dunno :?

Hourses for courses as they say :D
I quite like it to be honest. its a modern take on the old rustbucked format...
Although I have to confess I'd probably be one of those folks walking past the Foose cars as i don't rate the guy... money can buy everything but taste... he's undoubtedly very talented... but he's more custom than hot rod
I prefer the ethos of the original hot rodder of the 40's and fifties which was take an cheap old car (usually 1920's or 30's) strip it and make it go like stink on a budget... ploughing money into a car is no substitute for style... I've seen excellent cars/bikes and bicycles built on a budget of next to nothing that looked the dogs danglies and chrome dripping multi thousand pound metal flaked mosnters that cost a fortune and just look daft...
Some of the best looking bikes on here, for my money are the ones that are the frankenstein type... bits off this ... bits off that put together in an imaginative way to create something unique
Just my two erm... pennies

Hooch said:
i would take 20 s10s like that before i would have a lifted 4x4 or a donk!
A 4x4 can be dropped back down, or driven around in the rivers and swamps, but a donk's karma is forever stained.
p.s. I've seen uglier. :mrgreen:

Yeah...I pondered stopping this discussion, but it seemed to revolve around cars and not bikes. :D

Moral of the story,...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :wink:

just so you guys know.
he could have done worst.
for your viewing displeasure.......
the vw vancake.
vw-vancake_1.jpg

my wife liked the vancake as well....
anyone seen the early-mid 60s c10s that people have been doing as roadsters? i cant seem to find any pictures of those things(albeit its pretty much the same as the s10 that was posted just with a early 60s cab instead)

screw_dup - that is a completely new direction! a rat with donk wheels and suicide lambo doors!?!?

I like it mind you, I love the creativity/individuality of it. awesome.

ahhh i think the donk rat takes the cake. sorry if i started a bit of a fire storm with this if you like it then cool i hate it. i am entitled to my opinion too right? i am just amazed that someone put that much work into that when they could have found an older body. i remember reading in hot rod awhile ago where a guy did some really neat concept drawings using 60's truck cabs for this sort of thing and narrowing them. just using an s10 for it is ummm well. there is a difference between bluring the lines or crossing eras and stomping all over them. oh and that 1919 frrd with the flatty is really neat.

icyuod2 said:
just so you guys know.
he could have done worst.
for your viewing displeasure.......
the vw vancake.
vw-vancake_1.jpg

an andy saunders creation i believe. he is from dorset, uk and has done some great kustoms. this is not one of his best- give him a quick google, you may like what you see!

a creation, the ford x-2000
AndySaunders1.jpg

Latest posts

Back