the worst looking rat rod car i have ever seen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have a weak stomach you may want to turn away now. i hope this was photoshoped and i am going to have nightmares now....................................

file.php

you guys know I'm a sucker for mini-trucks, and I dig a fenderless ride........... :mrgreen:
I actually kinda like it.... I wouldn't build one myself, but I kinda like it :?
sorry Karfer....... I think I just blew any chance of being a Grinder now........ :|

Looks to me to be a "can i do this" type of ride. It has airbags in the back, and I am guessing probably in the front too. I know a few people in the mini truck scene and there are a few that just build things like that to see if they can.

no vulture it is cool if you think it is cool. to each his own but this thing is just wrong on so many levels. i hope he does not think he is going to get into a suede show with it. i would love to see the reaction of the gate guys if he brought it to billetproof. and sorry sensor i should not used the term rat rod my wagon is looking real ratty right now cause i sold my 13" caps to ted. soon to change though. this guy's um truck is a great example of just because you can does not mean you should :wink:

I have to appreciate the effort, but building something that's utterly undriveable seems a waste to me. I saw some rat rods at the auto fair last year that were like that. I remember a 32ish four dr. sedan chopped down to about two feet tall! :shock: -Adam

The only thing is we might think it is the ugliest thing ever, but if we say don't do it it takes away a lot from the rat rod feel. If the owner likes the way it looks good for him.

I don't even like the term rat rod :( The typical person associates any 1900-1930's hot rod with the word rat rod and it's so far from true :( The name of this site is different, it gives a feel for the site and what is going on with the builds. These people putting 22's on hot rods, and channeling them to be 2 feet tall is just ridiculous. When you cut up good steel bodies to build some gross monstrosity (that sedan someone posted) it's really sad. That body could have been built into a period correct hot rod or even a full restoration. Something of some value.

Dont know about that s10 thing, but that is ugly fer sure. Now here is one of the coolest rat rods I have seen. A Blown 1929 and a old 1919. The 19' has a vid on youtube and has been in a rat rod mag.
The 29'
Blown_29_Rat_Rod_955.jpg

And the 19' the roof is from a 57' Chevy pickup hood
Greg_Baums1919_Willlys_T_968.jpg

if youre talking about the coupe i posted i completely agree....shoddy work and waste of a 30 A body that i wouldve killed for...
but i will say this in possible defense of it......the guy who owns it does have a shop(hint look on the cowl for the name) and did have a beautifully done 31 roadster in his drive way......this may have been a 'i just got it' project....i didnt ask

I just cant grasp why you would do such things to these cars that are our countries history, the only cars with real character IMO. the one with the huge radials looks like a hot wheels gone wrong while the 19 I believe you said, looks like someone put a 50's chevy or ford hood skin on top for a roof. I just don't understand "rat rods" at all.

after reading your post further, you mentioned the hood/roof deal. :cry:

Oh Well :!:

i do think that there is a world of custom out there and in my book all of the custom rides that you guy's have posted are great work starting with the chevy s-10 it does take some creativities to create there work i do give the respect to those that do that type of work :!:

and again that's what rat rod is all about so please ENJOY :lol:

It's funny how this stuff has evolved.

About 15 years ago the term "Rat Rod" was used for cars that were painted flat black and had red wheels with white wall tires. Even all of the bike companies that had a Rat Rod model used that paint scheme.

Now it seems that it has morphed into this exaggerated style that is trying to recreate the Ed Roth cartoon vehicles using wild looking rusty parts from everything and anything.

As always, it will run its course and eventually it will fade away like a teal colored pro street tubbed out Camaro with a neon pink heart beat stripe down the side. :lol:

Latest posts

Back