the worst looking rat rod car i have ever seen

Discussion in 'THE OTHER TALK' started by karfer67, Apr 9, 2010.

1. karfer67

karfer67

0   0   0

if you have a weak stomach you may want to turn away now. i hope this was photoshoped and i am going to have nightmares now....................................

[​IMG]
  2. sensor

sensor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

i guess i cant say what i think of ratrods here huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

*edit* at least they didnt butcher something of use
  3. 66olds98

66olds98

0   0   0

Thats pretty gnarly. Is that rearend even legal, I assume its not finished in this photo
  4. HotRodRob

HotRodRob

0   0   0

I am guessing that use to be an S10. Clearly way to many beverages that weekend :mrgreen:
  5. theVULTURE

theVULTURE

0   0   0

you guys know I'm a sucker for mini-trucks, and I dig a fenderless ride........... :mrgreen:
    I actually kinda like it.... I wouldn't build one myself, but I kinda like it :?
    sorry Karfer....... I think I just blew any chance of being a Grinder now........ :|
  6. xHOBOPHOBIAx

xHOBOPHOBIAx

0   0   0

Looks to me to be a "can i do this" type of ride. It has airbags in the back, and I am guessing probably in the front too. I know a few people in the mini truck scene and there are a few that just build things like that to see if they can.
  7. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

The driver must be really tiny :lol: :lol:
  8. karfer67

karfer67

0   0   0

no vulture it is cool if you think it is cool. to each his own but this thing is just wrong on so many levels. i hope he does not think he is going to get into a suede show with it. i would love to see the reaction of the gate guys if he brought it to billetproof. and sorry sensor i should not used the term rat rod my wagon is looking real ratty right now cause i sold my 13" caps to ted. soon to change though. this guy's um truck is a great example of just because you can does not mean you should :wink:
  9. ratina

ratina

0   0   0

Its different. The guy must be really short, and I doubt its legal so I'm assuming its not done yet.
  10. Rustinkerer

Rustinkerer

0   0   0

I have to appreciate the effort, but building something that's utterly undriveable seems a waste to me. I saw some rat rods at the auto fair last year that were like that. I remember a 32ish four dr. sedan chopped down to about two feet tall! :shock: -Adam
  11. sensor

sensor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

i know this one is drivable(even though its severely squashed) and my boy was almost a good 1' taller :lol:
    [​IMG]
  12. kenny p

kenny p

0   0   0

13. Hooch

Hooch

0   0   0

i would take 20 s10s like that before i would have a lifted 4x4 or a donk!
  14. xHOBOPHOBIAx

xHOBOPHOBIAx

0   0   0

The only thing is we might think it is the ugliest thing ever, but if we say don't do it it takes away a lot from the rat rod feel. If the owner likes the way it looks good for him.
  15. Granth

Granth

0   0   0

I don't even like the term rat rod :( The typical person associates any 1900-1930's hot rod with the word rat rod and it's so far from true :( The name of this site is different, it gives a feel for the site and what is going on with the builds. These people putting 22's on hot rods, and channeling them to be 2 feet tall is just ridiculous. When you cut up good steel bodies to build some gross monstrosity (that sedan someone posted) it's really sad. That body could have been built into a period correct hot rod or even a full restoration. Something of some value.
  16. Sinner4

Sinner4

0   0   0

Dont know about that s10 thing, but that is ugly fer sure. Now here is one of the coolest rat rods I have seen. A Blown 1929 and a old 1919. The 19' has a vid on youtube and has been in a rat rod mag.
    The 29'
    [​IMG]

And the 19' the roof is from a 57' Chevy pickup hood
    [​IMG]
  17. sensor

sensor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

if youre talking about the coupe i posted i completely agree....shoddy work and waste of a 30 A body that i wouldve killed for...
    but i will say this in possible defense of it......the guy who owns it does have a shop(hint look on the cowl for the name) and did have a beautifully done 31 roadster in his drive way......this may have been a 'i just got it' project....i didnt ask
  18. Granth

Granth

0   0   0

I just cant grasp why you would do such things to these cars that are our countries history, the only cars with real character IMO. the one with the huge radials looks like a hot wheels gone wrong while the 19 I believe you said, looks like someone put a 50's chevy or ford hood skin on top for a roof. I just don't understand "rat rods" at all.

after reading your post further, you mentioned the hood/roof deal. :cry:
  19. rico

rico

0   0   0

Oh Well :!:

i do think that there is a world of custom out there and in my book all of the custom rides that you guy's have posted are great work starting with the chevy s-10 it does take some creativities to create there work i do give the respect to those that do that type of work :!:

and again that's what rat rod is all about so please ENJOY :lol:
  20. Rat Rod

Rat Rod Owner & Founder Moderator

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

It's funny how this stuff has evolved.

About 15 years ago the term "Rat Rod" was used for cars that were painted flat black and had red wheels with white wall tires. Even all of the bike companies that had a Rat Rod model used that paint scheme.

Now it seems that it has morphed into this exaggerated style that is trying to recreate the Ed Roth cartoon vehicles using wild looking rusty parts from everything and anything.

As always, it will run its course and eventually it will fade away like a teal colored pro street tubbed out Camaro with a neon pink heart beat stripe down the side. :lol: