The Worlds Lowest Indian

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this idea floating around in my head for a while, got a bit stale with my World's Slowest
Indian build, link below.........
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=47215

Decided to go with the World's Lowest Indian, love that life in the low lane look-down with
the weeds. So this one while not quite scraping she's getting down there. Inspired by the
motor bike in the pic's below, want to try and get close to this way cool machine!

2urt8j9.jpg
wvo6xy.jpg

Started out with a rough sketch then mocked up all the bits of frame ready to weld.
1zwkhaw.jpg
wwjmli.jpg

Frame welded up paint stripped off and welds filled with bog.
kbsqp2.jpg

Bit of a mock up now what's going on with those forks? Yep going working leaf spring front end.
Found an old trailer spring cut it to length, some old disk brake pads for pivots, with a bit more
fiddling she's should work out, heavy but she should work just like the real thing.
ojw95.jpg

Really wanted to ride this baby and I still need to weld up the spring pivots so fitted the wheel
to the bottom of the forks and took her for a blast. Bit twichy on the steering because of the
rake of the front end, man she is low has 16inch wheels will try some 20inch jobs soon.
n2ialf.jpg
1zf4fvd.jpg

Fake tank on, need to sort out chain guard, and rear guard bit more bogging and then paint.
qps3g3.jpg
vculuw.jpg

Last edited:
Just realised what I have put up is a bit confusing still got the Slowest Indian
in the shed unfinished, this is a new build the Lowest Indian, below a pic of
both of them together, will get cracking soon and finish them both off I hope!

n2ialf.jpg
2gwryp3.jpg

Re: The Worlds Lowest Indian "finished"

Okay here we go assembly to riding the little beast......

A pile of bright red bits and a frame.......
p6225859.jpg
p6225858.jpg

p6275904.jpg
p6275898.jpg

p6275914.jpg
p6275918.jpg

p6275906.jpg
p6275907.jpg

The springer front end was made from a cut up trailer leaf spring and various bike bits, modded a cheapo indian pin badge for a head badge.
p6275909.jpg
p6275908.jpg

Pivots from some old car disk brake pads and found a nice chain guard spray can silver then sealed with satin for the semi metal look.
The stand is one that normally mounts on the rear wheel axle, cut and modified to suit, much lower.
p6275910.jpg
p6275911.jpg

Here are some random detail shots...........
p6275900.jpg
p6275901.jpg

p6275921.jpg
p6275923.jpg

Now a verdict, she rides okay but no steep hills, twitchy on the steering mainly at low speeds and she is no speed demon as if you need to ride
her fast, best comment so far from a local kid "is it going to be higher than that!"

Last edited:
Wonder if they are every finished, finally got around to this, wanted the low Indian to have an Indian image, so how I got there, copied a pic cut it out then used a black permanent marker to draw out the outline.

atpz42.jpg

I'm a keen model maker so have a box full of enamel paints, filled in with metallic gold.
mmfv49.jpg

Then went back and did the black again, put in the text, two coats of gold sealed and fitted back onto the bike, this pushie is pretty close to finished now.
14wuhvo.jpg

Last edited:
Revisited my low Indian went back to 20inch rims with fat red wall tyres, lower style bars and a lower seat.
36578390026_1e428a64bd_z.jpg

Also added a old Sturmy Archer hub in behind the seat post, was never happy with the space, had the hub lying around and figured nice shiny chrome piece was perfect for the space. Ran the cable up through the frame so you have something to fiddle with while your cruising.
36625011075_4af4824013_z.jpg

Much happier with her proportions gaps filled and lower all around.
36455823952_68fa77ff6a_z.jpg

Last edited:
Thats sweet! are you gonna use the dyno in the hub??

So talk to me scrambler, is that a dyno hub as in the two small nuts in
the centre of the hub are power supply connections, is that what you
are saying?

I have another question re this hub, it has a small filler obviously for
filling with oil, so what type of oil and do you fill it till it overflows?

Latest posts

Back