The story of Clanky or How to ruin a MTB on a budget

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found an old photo of the double stem light setup this bike used to have

IMG_1021 (1).JPG

How's life in Chicago?
Compared to Sydney
Worse weather, better hamburgers, worse thai food, better customer service, and I hate to say it, but better beer.

You have to pay more attention to who and what's around and be more consciousof personal safety, which you barely even have to think about in Sydney (if you're a white male).

But I also bought a 4 bed house with what a would have been a deposit on a studio apartment an hour out of the city in Sydney.

I hear you. Property prices in Australia in general are just silly. Better beer and burgers in the USA for sure too. Customer service here is definitely lacking too.

I’ve travelled to many places in the USA but not Chicago and would like to visit one day.

Most importantly the bike menu is far superior. Searching for a genuine American made bike downunder is like searching for the holy grail! I’ve only managed to find one
in my lifetime.....a schwinn cruiser 5 built in the 80’s that was privately imported when new. The Panther and Typhoon frames i built up i had to buy off ebay usa and ship here.

earching for a genuine American made bike downunder is like searching for the holy grail! I’ve only managed to find one
in my lifetime
It's near impossible to find any cantilever frame no mater matter where it's made.

I still regret passing on a malvern skid star at a garage sale years ago

Latest posts

Back