The software censored my friends name.

Discussion in 'FORUM TALK' started by jackdaw, Nov 29, 2011.

1. jackdaw

jackdaw

I love the fact that there is no swearing here. Everyone stays pretty much on their best behavior. But my friends name came thru as a line of asterisks. Is there any way you guys could change it?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=47113&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

13th post from the top, first line. His name is spelled Dee-eye-sea-kay.

Thanks

2. HotRodRob

HotRodRob

Thats too funny :lol:

3. jwm

jwm

I was an admin on one board where every time you tried to type in that name it would come out "thingy". What was even worse, if you typed in the word that starts with "P", and describes a cat it would come out "girl thingy".

JWM

4. Oak Tree

Oak Tree

He could go by Richard. I heard that's a nickname for your friends name.....

5. Ozark Flyer

Ozark Flyer

Now that's funny! I laughed my thingy off.

6. JaxRhapsody

JaxRhapsody

I dont understand the point of profanity blockers anyway. Im on sites that dont have them and you wouldnt even know it.

7. RadOne

RadOne

Yeah, it's kinda silly. I hear more cursing on daytime TV and this place consists nearly entirely of adult males. :roll:

8. bigharley

bigharley

well the site is owned by christians. not that i have anything against them. i do like the no swearing but baning the word h e double hockey sticks? its in the bible. other then that i dig the site!

9. Rat Rod

Rat Rod Owner & Founder Head Honcho Moderator

Believe it or not, there are actually people out there who prefer not to hear or read curse words these days...I know, crazy concept.

I also prefer not to have it here because I'm looking at the site a lot and my kids are always around looking over my shoulder.

Funny how not being able to type a curse word somehow takes the fun out of vintage bike collecting. :lol:

P.S. I'm just giving yall a hard time. I didn't become a Christian until I was 24 years old so I've used every word in the book..an then some. :wink:

10. Voyager Al

Voyager Al

I find it GREAT that this site doesnt put up with any foul words. And I am a auto-guy, who swears like a sailor. But I am offended ,at times, like on Facebook, where anything goes. I have neices who want to be my friend, and I wont allow it, because the circle of friends...I dont want the innocent to see the raunchiness. Its great on here, and I naturally DONT even say or think the bad words. Its refreshing. Thanks,Steve, for a great site.
    Now, on another thread, dont ya wish yall would have left my comments ON, in regards to the BCT fiasco? Ya deleted about 3 pages , and then people gave MORE!!! Wow. I stay out of replying to anything about him, as you saw his reply to me......Its a darn shame......He WAS a pretty good bike guy. I just always had a suspicious feeling.........

11. That's funny, I remember back in high school I had a friend Robert who's dad's name was "Richard Head". He used to get so mad at us...for obvious reasons.