RRBBO13 The Skylark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great!
I'd like to offer one suggestion if I might. With the very cool hinged rear fender, I feel like it needs a couple of rusty thumb screws on the bottom fender brace to make it complete. Maybe even connected to a chain so that when your out on the highway at night fixing a flat you don't loose the screws.;)
2007_01280009.jpg

Thanks R-Man that’s a cool idea for sure . I never gave that any thought [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each little detail this keeps getting better and better.
This beauty is a definite contender in my book.

Nice touch on the saddle. I like the contrasting sheen of the decals to the aged metal.

Nice touch on the saddle. I like the contrasting sheen of the decals to the aged metal.

I wasn’t sure how it would look but I like it I guess. I kinda wish I had misted the decal with some flat paint to make it look a little aged .
But that’s to late now .

Ok I made my nexus 3 speed shifter today. It consists of a sauce dipping cup that fit snug over the rubber shift grip . I had my friend Ed the welder , weld on a 3” or so long rod to it . Then I found a spring in my parts box they slid over the rod . I wiped in to home-depot after work and pick up a cabinet knob i though would look cool . I had to drill the knob so it would fit the diameter of the rod . Spared some paint on them to age it a bit and some scent color . Not bad for $5 bucks . I had ever thing but the knob .
06aab542a68c9361d5118f9815bc32db.jpg
767cf333d62b1e18f2ddc69e92c5853a.jpg
81afc94481ac673630a0f5a2952d606b.jpg

Going to glue the cup on the rubber shifter?

It actually fits tight without anything but I still may put a little glue just to be safe

wrap it in 3M mounting tape

Beautiful, the seat decals came out great too.

Latest posts

Back