RRBBO13 The Skylark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah-ha! Can't beat a nice bit of CAD .... (Cardboard Aided Design). Man after my own heart...
I'm on board with this build.

Ah-ha! Can't beat a nice bit of CAD .... (Cardboard Aided Design). Man after my own heart...
I'm on board with this build.

Lol ya nothing a Triscuit box , some triscuits , Cheddar cheese and a cold IPA beer can’t fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say if you get an idea, "fly" with it! ( Skylark pun intended)

This mod is really cool. Gives it a very unique look. :thumbsup:

That schwinn tank is cool! I have never seen one like it.

I don’t think it’s actually a Schwinn tank it just some decals some one put on it. I’m not positive what bike it’s from . It almost fits this bike but it not perfect. With a few mods it will work nicely. I bought it from King Fish a couple years ago . Been waiting to build this bike for a long time .

It's a Ross style tank that a previous owner slapped some Schwinn stickers on. It's a pretty big tank. I think it's gonna work great with your build

Went down to my old buddy Ed’s welding shop today. You regulars may remember Ed he’s my neighbor & Vietnam veteran. I made the tail feather drop outs and Ed
Welded them on .
ee8b48f7ffa6ee55de25b6ba5f2b8550.jpg

Ed’s metal shearer is pretty nice for cutting 1/8” plate
f155c138916a16fe1b28f1eb0ae34737.jpg
the big punch is nice for making the starter holes for the axel.
0f152485e88314defeec8bca8dd4b724.jpg
i traced out the patterns
b59b2ba3610dfd82794f738bfc7cbab1.jpg
then cut them out with the jig saw .
5d0a2a70d026f347f99511bbb86a65de.jpg
work well .
da8c42a1c00bf7857cdfb685a6738648.jpg
Ed’s welding them up .
da9920c86fec5f08ec23d746f9a7c958.jpg

That’s all we got done this morning
We both had other things to do so had to cut it short .

Last edited:
Great toys and a great start on that frame.
It's looks good.

It's a Ross style tank that a previous owner slapped some Schwinn stickers on. It's a pretty big tank. I think it's gonna work great with your build

It’s going to work great & look great . I haven’t shown off the cool lights yet either .

Last edited:
G, you are on a roll with this Skylark! My dad always said, "It takes the right tools, and a guy who knows how to use them."

Nice work on the cutting, and design of your drop outs. Kudos to Ed for his welding too. 2 guys + right tools = Good Results!

G, you are on a roll with this Skylark! My dad always said, "It takes the right tools, and a guy who knows how to use them."

Nice work on the cutting, and design of your drop outs. Kudos to Ed for his welding too. 2 guys + right tools = Good Results!

Isn’t that the truth OJ
Thanks [emoji1303]

Latest posts

Back