RRBBO13 The Skylark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great tweaks.
I really like the pipe stand.

Got the dirty bird together & actually took it for a small test ride down the street. It needs a bit
af0144a92153d8ca5eb042aea8ad4ad1.jpg
of tweaking but at least I know where I’m at now . I still have a bunch of mechanic work to do not to mention a full on Ratified paint job. The plan for this build was to have a slightly stretched vintage looking full on rat bike with no two parts coming from the same bike . But this bike has to be smooth & comfortably to ride that’s why is will have a few new parts . Like a brand new set of wheels with a nexus 3 speed .
I would love to put a brand new set of tires on it but theses 2.35 huffy tires will have to do for now . Hard to beat the price of a curb side pick up [emoji16].
983e4ef33255f31621a847c3440d76f0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You mean rattier than it is right now? I like the present look a lot. The ratty paint and the bare parts, and those 'curbside' tires look great on there. The stance, that tail dragger rear fender and reflector....this is quickly becoming one of my favorite builds of yours, G !

Nothing like a ride to help figure out what's next!
I love how well all the parts are playing together.
SWEET BUILD!

Wow this is looking great! That's a really nifty idea with the hinged rear fender - I've never seen that before.

Thanks got got that idea from my best friend dad when we were kids. He use to build custom Harley Davison’s choppers . He built a low rider stile bike & put a hinge fender on it . It was such a cool bike .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing like a ride to help figure out what's next!
I love how well all the parts are playing together.
SWEET BUILD!

You mean rattier than it is right now? I like the present look a lot. The ratty paint and the bare parts, and those 'curbside' tires look great on there. The stance, that tail dragger rear fender and reflector....this is quickly becoming one of my favorite builds of yours, G !

Wow this is looking great! That's a really nifty idea with the hinged rear fender - I've never seen that before.

Thanks guys as you know it crazy how much time can go in to a bike build . Especially when you have a pile of parts that we’re never meant to be together on the same bike. I’m not complaining although my wife might be lol. She knows it’s that time of year so she’s use to it .
I do enjoy the garage time and getting creative . Some hot tunes on the ratio , cold IPA in the can is a good recipe for some rolling art.
Rat on
a30003c575c88f5d4a99c10603750ce1.jpg

Same rat time same rat channel !!!!

I think with these handlebars it looks terrific.

Thanks !!!! another part for comfort & to keep it pure Rat . 7/8” cruiser bars shimed to work with a vintage 1” stem .[emoji848]

Bike looks good :thumbsup:. and I'm totally using this as my avatar

Attachments

• a30003c575c88f5d4a99c10603750ce1.jpg
    a30003c575c88f5d4a99c10603750ce1.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 169
Well this is the first dodads that I will be showing with more to come .
I’d like to thank King Fish or maybe he should have named him self the ( Dodad King ). For helping to open up my eyes to ordinarily house hold items . that you can be turned into one of a kind cool bike parts.
387c43635932732b174f646376b4c90e.jpg

Dose any one remember one of these are for?
28893a81412fb1ae959f6986304f3c45.jpg

05aae7da346efc5ff5f40dbf7f7cd811.jpg

Now you know what the little bracket on the front of the fork was for .
b594fc8a723a74ffa9cabfeae1a5ee03.jpg

I believe it's first life was as a 'tea infuser'. Place a tea bag in the canister, and it infuses the hot water with the tea, without dealing with a messy tea bag.

But it's second life you have given it is much cooler! :grin:

G, we should be drinking our coffee / tea in a work shop together this morning. Some day, my friend, some day.... RaT oN~!

I believe it's first life was as a 'tea infuser'. Place a tea bag in the canister, and it infuses the hot water with the tea, without dealing with a messy tea bag.

But it's second life you have given it is much cooler! :grin:

G, we should be drinking our coffee / tea in a work shop together this morning. Some day, my friend, some day.... RaT oN~!

You know it !!! I would love to have a ice tea with ya someday on the bad 40 ,,,,,

Latest posts

Back