The Schwinn that never happened

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of that one. Looking at the artists rendition of it, I'm very glad it died on the vine. Yuk! :p Gary

page 114 of Schwinn Bicycles , not exactly the same but probably from the same think tank
SANY1154_zpsa1fd4280.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty much in a different direction than anything they were doing. Not sure they would ever sell many of those. Probably why they were never made.

B607 said:
Never heard of that one. Looking at the artists rendition of it, I'm very glad it died on the vine. Yuk! :p Gary

well the bike was going to be a throw off of the bowdens and were made of fiberglass, no one knows if any were made but none are known to exist, I don't think they ever had a name for them but, multiple prototype drawings were made but (as I know of) no models were ever produced.

Nick.

Four concept drawings were made by Richard Arbib, famous industrial designer well known for many iconic items. Hamilton Beach blenders, watches, cars. One of his watches was repop'ed for the Men in Black movie. There is a book on the guy.

It looks like someone went a step further and started making up blueprints for production.

Just what do you have there? I'd be interested.

rick

Thanks. Blackhawk motorcycle meet tomorrow!
Ill be there.

Latest posts

Back