The SASE Experiment UPDATE: 6/14/12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The SASE Experiment, KMC with the Hook-Up!

yoothgeye said:
Their website use to have a "sticker request" option in the drop down menu on their contact form, I don't see it any longer.

That's because they sent you ALL OF THEM! Nice score dude.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
yoothgeye said:
Their website use to have a "sticker request" option in the drop down menu on their contact form, I don't see it any longer.

That's because they sent you ALL OF THEM! Nice score dude.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Haha, maybe so. I don't have a running total of stickers, but it's a lot. I am keeping them in a folder, but I need to make it a box.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Funny...Yestersday I received two envelopes with the same handwriting with a TON of high quality stickers. Awesome!

Was it the same handwriting you can see in my photo? No way that's a man's handwriting. haha

Re: The SASE Experiment, winding down.

Well, it seems as if things are tapering off. Looks like some of the SASEs are lost or thrown away, hopefully my list and results will help others, I'm not done updating, just saying, things have gotten really slow. I had 2 envelopes in the mail yesterday, and they both had generally the same stickers in them, just a little different mix, so I'm guessing Sinz and Intense Tires are the same company... oh well, at least I got double stickers.

For the guys who won the contest, I'm putting your sticker packs together this week to mail out, no point in making you wait until those final companies check in... if they do.

Here's the Sinz/Intense... it was a lot of stickers per envelope:

100_3428.jpg

If you go back to the first page, you can see the deadbeats. They could still send them out, but I'm losing hope, oh well, based on all the stickers I got and the amount in stamps, I couldn't have bought that many stickers for that price, and if I could have, it wouldn't have been as much fun, the mystery of opening the envelopes and all.

Very Cool Thread!!! I love the idea and stickers!When I was in junior High school our teacher had us do a similar project Mead :peeechee folders: and Snap on tools sent back the best stuff ,but this was in the 80,s!

FatBoy said:
Very Cool Thread!!! I love the idea and stickers!When I was in junior High school our teacher had us do a similar project Mead :peeechee folders: and Snap on tools sent back the best stuff ,but this was in the 80,s!

The 80s were a better time for company freebies, now during recession time, not much can be had for free (or not as much). I mean, cereal boxes don't even have toys in them anymore! :cry:

I have been following your thread and on 1/19 I sent out 17 envelopes. I only picked companies that had already sent you stickers ( :D hoping to increase my odds) As of Saturday, 2/4 I have gotten back stickers from 13 companies for a total of 135 stickers. :mrgreen:
Sunday! 4
Terrible 1 6
Felt 20
Archies 10
Crank Bros 7
Kenda 5
Bike Factory 9
Mongoose 13
Answer BMX 12
Ride BMX 6
SE Racing 5
East County BMX 13
DK Bikes 25

Vans and GT still haven't come back yet and they were two that I was really hoping for. :D

schertztx said:
I have been following your thread and on 1/19 I sent out 17 envelopes. I only picked companies that had already sent you stickers ( :D hoping to increase my odds) As of Saturday, 2/4 I have gotten back stickers from 13 companies for a total of 135 stickers. :mrgreen:

Vans and GT still haven't come back yet and they were two that I was really hoping for. :D

Glad you are following along, you've gotten pretty good results in a short amount of time. Most of mine did come quickly. I need to go back and count mine, but there are soooo many!

Fox Racing sent my SASE back to me today in their envelope with a typed letter to me explaining that they get too many requests for stickers to give any away, so I again have an SASE to find another address for. Sad, but at least they didn't just throw away my SASE.

The envelope that Fox returned to me empty (though I found a place on their site this week where you can fill out a form and they send you a poster and sticker) I sent out to Justin at Porkchop. I actually addressed, stamped, and stuffed the envelope in front of my whole church for my children's sermon. The lesson was about how God has blessings waiting for you, you just have to ask, kind of like these companies who are willing to send you free stickers... you just have to ask.

So I mailed it off on Monday (I believe) and got it back today, I think he knew about my project, so it seems he hooked me up. Thanks Justin.

100_3445.jpg

Re: The SASE Experiment UPDATE: 3/21/12

OK, Last week or week before I got 2 unexpected SASEs returned, Hoffman bikes and the one I sent to Chainlove/WhiskeyMilitia, Didn't get photos of either, but Hoffman had about 6 nice decals and Chainlove had 3 very cool stickers. So the running tally (so you don't have to go back 8 pages) is here:

( :!: indicates SASEs of stickers I have gotten back)

-Vans Inc. :!:
-Terrible One BMX :!:
-Subrosa :!:
-Ride BMX Magazine :!:
-Kink Bike Co. :!:
-Intense Tires :!:
-Hoffman Bikes :!:
-GT Bikes :!:
-Felt BMX/Bikes :!:
-Eastern Bikes :!:
-East County BMX :!:
-DK Bicycles :!:
-Crank Brothers :!:
-Bikefactory :!:
-Archie's Ice Cream :!:
-Answer BMX :!:
-A&B Cycle
-Diamondback
-Sinz Racing :!:
-Sunday Bikes :!:

The ones in red are the dead beats that didn't return anything.

Tonight at church a friend who works at the motorcycle shop brought me some nice decals:

SAM_0416.jpg

Now that I have them all I have a couple things going:

1. Wind deflector for my car bike rack that I made will be completely covered.
2. I got a free dorm sized cube fridge, the door will be covered completely.

If you haven't got it yet... I really like stickers.

Very Cool! Those odds are really good that if you send companys a SASE you will get something in return 8) :mrgreen:

FatBoy said:
Very Cool! Those odds are really good that if you send companys a SASE you will get something in return 8) :mrgreen:

Yes, and my original list was only comprised of companies that already had a record of returning stickers in an SASE, so I didn't take much risk. They *all* could have returned stickers and the mail could have lost some. US Mail system has seen better days.

I just took Eastern Bikes off the dead beat list, I don't have my camera today, but they sent me back 7 stickers, all the same design, 5 black and 2 white... and it only took 7 months! haha :mrgreen:

With all the mail going back and forth, the US Postal Service should send you a thank you for using their services and maybe a discount on your next stamp purchase.

dos cruiser said:
With all the mail going back and forth, the US Postal Service should send you a thank you for using their services and maybe a discount on your next stamp purchase.

Looking back at what I originally paid for the stamps and my big box of decals, I got a good deal, but yeah, the people who use their services still should get a little more courtesy.

Latest posts

Back