The SASE Experiment UPDATE: 6/14/12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The SASE Experiment, stickers are rolling in! Winners!

Thanks for hosting the contest.
I choose Kink because they seemed like a smallish cool company. I look forward to seeing how many of the companies send you stickers.

Is there any way to get lots of stickers in bulk to do sticker bombing? I looked on E-bay and found some sweet stickers but at $3-$9 EACH and some as high as $20 it might get expensive.

outskirtscustoms said:
Is there any way to get lots of stickers in bulk to do sticker bombing? I looked on E-bay and found some sweet stickers but at $3-$9 EACH and some as high as $20 it might get expensive.

Hmmm... I don't know, maybe SASEs?! haha

After I give some away I am going to fully cover the wind deflector on my car's roof rack, and probably the door on my shop mini-fridge.

yoothgeye said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Hmmm... I don't know, maybe SASEs?! haha

After I give some away I am going to fully cover the wind deflector on my car's roof rack, and probably the door on my shop mini-fridge.

Well yeah but VW isn't in America? Who would I write to and would I have to translate into German? Local dealers maybe? I was wondering if there is anywhere that sells stickers by the hundreds.

outskirtscustoms said:
I'm kinda thinking of getting a bunch of stickers and sticker bomb my VW's bumpers. Something like this but more subtle.

large_202814-1919206.jpg

Suh-weet! That car is RAD!

I've got like, three stickers, from stuff I bought. Maybe I need some more.

More arrivals in the mail today, 4 more in fact. East County BMX, Bike Factory, Terrible One BMX, and Archie's Ice Cream. Postmarks, 2 from California, one from Texas, and one from Hawaii... this surprised me, I thought the mail to and from Hawaii ran kind of slow. All told, 40 stickers today and a post card from Terrible One.

IMG_4941.jpg

Awesome! I'm gonna have to try this out after I get my hot water heater project buttoned up.

You wouldn't happen to have a SASE address for VW would you? We should sticky this with an address list here.

Also just found DC shoes address, In case you want to send for some stickers.

DC
DC shoes stickers and posters
770 Sycamore Ave. PMB J471
Vista, CA 92083
(Send $2 )

outskirtscustoms said:
You wouldn't happen to have a SASE address for VW would you? We should sticky this with an address list here.

VW is big, and since they license so many people to make and sell their swag, it's doubtful they even have any. I've looked all over their website for a corporate address (USA) with no luck. You might want to research and see who the biggest US VW dealership is and send them an SASE. When my buddy worked as a VW service writer, they trained him and sent him to different VW trainings and let them drive and beat on cars on tracks, he regularly gave me free stuff from the dealership, but the VW free stuff really didn't exist.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Theres a VW/AUDI and something else office not too far from where i'm at.

That address might be a good shot.

Yeah if you could get the address that'd be great.

3800 Hamlin Rd
Auburn Hills‎ MI‎ 48326-2829
United States

I used to pass it every day at work. Apparently it's Audi's US headquarters? I used to see r8s speed past me all the time.
Now, the building says VW. So this address could work both ways. They are the same company. Lol.

Phone for giggles;
+1 (248) 754-5100

2 more envelopes came in today, Sunday Bikes and Ride BMX magazine, overall a weak showing, but free is free and I'm not complaining. 4 from Sunday and 2 from Ride BMX, they are good quality stickers, once again, I'm happy.

IMG_4942.jpg

yoothgeye said:
and one from Hawaii... this surprised me, I thought the mail to and from Hawaii ran kind of slow.

My company just mailed some padded envelopes out on Friday from Boise,ID via USPS. They were received today in Washington and California. The real surprise is the one that was received in Portland, Maine today.

This is such a fun project, I need to find some to do with my kids.

Latest posts

Back