"The Salt Shaker" update 8/1 finshed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/23 wheel disc started

dang it jen can stitch better than i can pinstripe with paint. lol is there nothing you cant do jen? awsome work

karfer67 said:
dang it jen can stitch better than i can pinstripe with paint. lol is there nothing you cant do jen? awsome work
i would not say i stitch better then you can paint , ... there is something i cant do ... a kartwheel lol

why not pop the sprocket off so you can have a smaller hole? Once the disc is installed you can pop the sprocket back on.

bc i want to be able to take it off and on the bicycle as easy as possiable these will not be on the bicycle while its on the roof rack traveling cross country also dont want to be taking forever tearing down the bike and putting it back together when ever we feel like going for a ride .. the front wheel will have a tiny hole

just a heads up for later builds....to get a clean hole use a hole saw :wink:
looking forward to seeing the discs finished

Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/21 SEAT way happy!

HotRodJen said:
ahh juggy go for it there are tons of other orange and cream bicycles out there im sure it will turn out awesome
I shall try it! :)
Is there an orange that you would suggest that really pops? I'm pretty bad with oranges and usually end up with dull stuff haha

Your ride is looking mighty fine. I don't think you can steer your build wrong.

Your pinstriping makes my jaw drop! :D Really nice seatcover too, and I'm eager to see how the wheelcovers will turn out!

come on jen! show us those wheel covers on the bike! were dying here!!! :p

murraymadman said:
come on jen! show us those wheel covers on the bike! were dying here!!! :p
hahaha sorry guys i didnt work on the bike all weekend my weekends are usually busy doing other things but ill get back on the ball today :)

and juggy the orange i used is pumpkin patch orange by krylon,you can see if rustoleum has orange ,,,orrrr if you dont mind spending the money get auto paint in a spray can and go for hugger orange its the pontiac color from the 60's/70's that thing will wake anyone up who sees it lol

im leaving you guys in suspense on the disc covers hahahaha ... jk i couldnt get to them today bc something came up so i decided to get little things done

since its the "salt shaker" and the ends of my hand grips are all torn up i thought about beer caps on the end well a buddy suggested salt shaker caps it was like a duh moment hahaha so i went to the thirft store searching for big enough stainless steel capped salt shakers and i found a set :)
i used 2 part epoxy for it
948689445_Hxeu5-L.jpg

also that brought back a idea i had for my pepsi build im going to use bottle caps on the axles . so for this one i found the bullet tiped salt shakers also from the bargan bin :) .
948689357_8V8EX-L.jpg

im using the muti holed ones, had to glue 2 nuts together and then glue the cap on

pardon the greasy/dirty hands "never trust a girl with out grease under her nails" someone once told me that :)
948689425_ZiPyG-L.jpg

the wheel is just chillen there right now didnt have it bolted in b/c i thought i would have time to work on the disc's ...heres the caps on
948689546_Eomni-L.jpg

i have to get 2 bolts for the front axle i didnt have any fine thread that size

alright i slightly kinda cheated here dotn know if its really cheating .. i had help from my b/f to get this light working .. i bought all the material! . so it would be like me just buying a whole new light thing from a shop right haha .. i dont sodder he does .. but i did have to cut the wires and run them threw the hole and i connected them back together and i put the switch in and put it on the bike so atleast i did do something lol im a electrical ditz...
948689470_rBXNK-L.jpg

948689519_zotrH-L.jpg

got light! i dont have lenses for it :( but this is ok

Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/25 got light and salt caps

Looking good! Kinda like a preying mantis or something in that pic.

Do the tires still look shiny after 2 weeks? I may use the shoe polish trick on my old tires.

Wildcat said:
Looking good! Kinda like a preying mantis or something in that pic.

Do the tires still look shiny after 2 weeks? I may use the shoe polish trick on my old tires.

it always reminded me of the robot from the 80's movie short circut?
the show polish still has them shiney . but someone mentioned on here that show polish might break down the tire and they had a alternative method if you page threw you can find it mine are already so far gone so im not worried about it after b-ville and the funds grow back ill get a new set

pardon the greasy/dirty hands "never trust a girl with out grease under her nails" someone once told me that.
Man thats what i look for in a girl. Anyway on the wheel disks. What if you use those fastners that have a little spring in there one 1/4 turn with a screw driver and they are released like what they use on a nascar hood, i wish i knew what they where called, maybe somebody else will know. The salt shaker bar ends are cool.

maddogrider said:
pardon the greasy/dirty hands "never trust a girl with out grease under her nails" someone once told me that.
Man thats what i look for in a girl. Anyway on the wheel disks. What if you use those fastners that have a little spring in there one 1/4 turn with a screw driver and they are released like what they use on a nascar hood, i wish i knew what they where called, maybe somebody else will know. The salt shaker bar ends are cool.
they are called zuse fasteners and they are to big for what im doing

HotRodJen said:
maddogrider said:
they are called zuse fasteners and they are to big for what im doing

Dzus...sorry for the correction.

Latest posts

Back