"The Salt Shaker" update 8/1 finshed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/15 SEAT not to happy

i don't think its the black t shirt, its that pink that clashes with the bike. :)

what about white leather with a similar texture to a baskett ball? (i think it would look hot) you could purchase leather dye/leather paint and go in any direction your little heart desires.

why not take a crack at striping the seat also (paint or embroidery thread)

just ditch the speed t. your right, it's not doing a thing for your build :)

http://www.westleys.com/

This the best whitewall/blackwall tire cleaner I know of.
Available at most mainstream auto parts stores.

I always have a bottle or two of this stuff for detailing my car. It practically melts off the brake dust and grime that builds up on tires.

I'm thinkin' there should be some lime green in the seat color(s),.....it wouldn't have to be all green, just something that ties into the frame colors.

Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/12 Pinstriped!

HotRodJen said:
... next time i paint something im going to test out if i can spray color with kyrlon and clear it with rustoleum's clear ill

risky business. good chance it will lift on ya.

HotRodJen said:

rip that curtain down and lace paint the seat pan :mrgreen:

nice lines and i see youre pullin off some killer lettering...and you said you cant letter 8)

well i found 4 different fabrics over the weekend i just might use hahaha not all together .. tonight its see which one i like better . theres 2 that i would sew togehter b/c they look good together so we will see what i come out with :)

floyd - thanks :)
dr sizzle- you should come out on the 30th to somerville nj for the cruise night otehr members from the board will be there with bike builds from this build off
suicideride- nooooo riding that seat with just the pan ill pull the girlie card on that one and say it hurts. hahaha

whats with me and technolgy?
the computer i ws using b/c mine crashed .. i think was just damaged last night in the storm we had or somethings just wrong with it .. any ways that leaves me limted to use of a computer .
i have made the seat cover as of last ngiht i still need to pinstripe the seat .. hopefully it wont take long to get that comp back and running so i can post pics

Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/21 SEAT way happy!

thanks everyone :) . last night i put it on the seat and stuffed padding in certian areas to make it look better the gell pad thing that i had was for a smaller seat so now it looks all better ill post pics later tonight . and hopefully! i will cut the rear disc set out so everyone cross ur fingers theres no thunder and lightning storm ... i was not playing in the garage with all that stuff yesterday my house has gotten effected by lightning twice not to mention the neighbors chimney gettin hit and exploded ... eeeek

Aww snap! I was thinking about an orange and cream color scheme for my girl's bike; but after seeing yours, I dont think I can do it justice. Your ride looks amazing :)

JuggyWuggy said:
Aww snap! I was thinking about an orange and cream color scheme for my girl's bike; but after seeing yours, I dont think I can do it justice. Your ride looks amazing :)
ahh juggy go for it there are tons of other orange and cream bicycles out there im sure it will turn out awesome

okay folks it did not storm yesterday so in the middle of doing a ton of other stuff i have on my plate i started the wheel discs yesterday with the help of my dad i must say for aluminum this big its nice to have 4 hands ,
so first off air cutters have tempers i practiced a little then had at it
944579550_bZ2Jw-L.jpg

944579564_Ft7jp-L.jpg

944579559_m6fSt-L.jpg

oh so purdy

ok so had to do the hole in the center the whole is big b/c its for the rear wheel and has to be able to go over the brake arm and gear (cog?) . the little "nibbler" does not cut clean edges at all as you can see in this photo i had already started taking a file to it .
944579570_YgGkw-L.jpg

944579579_XYrjN-L.jpg

using a file to clean up the center circle you have to go in one direction doing this with aluminum

and the center line was for overlaping to make a little bit of a cone ... but turns out it would be past the cog . the rim is even with where the wheel set comes out and where the center hole will rest on it .. so these will not be over laped i would have to cut another inch or so to make the outer edge rest at the nipples of the spokes and i wasnt not planing on having my rims show , so this one with the slit will go on the brake arm side
944579660_XyJHR-L.jpg

i want to clean up the edges today . i went out to dinner last night and then went swing dancing so i need to do a little today before my crazy weekend starts

Latest posts

Back