"The Salt Shaker" update 8/1 finshed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/14 TIRES and more lines

Awesome bike you're building there, Jen.
I vote for more female bike builders anytime if they all meet the quality and creativity that you show us here.

@ aka_locojoe, what time did you get?

badmuller said:
I vote for more female bike builders anytime if they all meet the quality and creativity that you show us here
Lower the bar a little, you're gonna scare them away. :)

deorman said:
badmuller said:
I vote for more female bike builders anytime if they all meet the quality and creativity that you show us here

Yep thats me and women allright, scaring them away. :roll:
I should do less talking and more building i guess. 8)
To all women, start building bikes now!

aka_locojoe said:
Headlights on my wife's bikes are always a deli-ma due to the baskets. I would like to hear if someone has a good solution for this.
Here I am riding the salt flats http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXnm_HqnUuk

Amazing work Jen.
hahaha sweeetttt ! love the video now i cant wait to go ! less then a month now

badmuller said:
deorman said:
badmuller said:

Yep thats me and women allright, scaring them away. :roll:
I should do less talking and more building i guess. 8)
To all women, start building bikes now!
i was going to ask if i was the only female in the buid off ?

Arr maties, avast and heave to,.....it be Jen the Privateer. The belle bikesmithette extrordinaire of the eastern shore!

But seriously, you are a parrot away from pulling of a great pirate look Jen. :)

The bike is lookin' good, and your artwork is always impressive.

feuerdog said:
Arr maties, avast and heave to,.....it be Jen the Privateer. The belle bikesmithette extrordinaire of the eastern shore!

But seriously, you are a parrot away from pulling of a great pirate look Jen. :)

The bike is lookin' good, and your artwork is always impressive.
HAHAHAHAHAAH i totally do look like im trying to be a pirate huh ? lol it was by chance i swear i dont have a part time job as a pirate wench

Please Jen, take no offense,....you see I DO dress as a pirate for the PA Ren faire. :D

On a side note,....the tires look better with the shoe polish, but i'd be wary of petroleum based products on rubber. They tend to break the rubber down over time. Leather is OK becuase the oils actually support and protect it.

For tire cleaning i'd use what I use on my car,....Westleys Bleche White to break down any dirt and grime build-up, and then a 50/50 mix of Armor All and water rubbed in the the rubber. The Armor All has UV blocker(sun tan lotion for tires) that protects the rubber. An after a few treatments the tire will take on a decent semi-shine.

Just my .02

Jen, Can't wait to see this done! It will really look kool! 8)

feuerdog said:
Please Jen, take no offense,....you see I DO dress as a pirate for the PA Ren faire. :D

On a side note,....the tires look better with the shoe polish, but i'd be wary of petroleum based products on rubber. They tend to break the rubber down over time. Leather is OK becuase the oils actually support and protect it.

For tire cleaning i'd use what I use on my car,....Westleys Bleche White to break down any dirt and grime build-up, and then a 50/50 mix of Armor All and water rubbed in the the rubber. The Armor All has UV blocker(sun tan lotion for tires) that protects the rubber. An after a few treatments the tire will take on a decent semi-shine.

Just my .02

no offense taken at all :) ya i thought there was something with shoe polish and rubber i didnt remember its alright if you see the tires at the somerville show they actually have some chunks missing out of the rubber , and after the salt at bonneville they tires i dont think will last much longer , but i will not use shoe polish on my other good tires :) where do you get westleys ?

This is looking really nice Jen...love your paint work. :wink:

Great Paint! Best stripng I've seen.

so today ive been on the whole seat thought train ... i have a ton of fabric,... and shirts that i wouldnt mind cutting up but everything will not go with this bike .. i covered the seat with a speed crazy shirt ill post some pics im still on the fence about this one

ugh ... so looking threw all my stuff there isnt anything that really goes with the bike to cover the seat in .. i took a speed crazy shirt and put it on but im not liking the black against the bike .
might have to check a fabric stores out thinking of a tan maybe
936128409_gkSyM-M.jpg

936128398_qGVx8-M.jpg

see? not diggin it ..
i have the bike together now :) but the tank and wheel discs arent on it so no pictures yet .. rides like a dream

Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/15 SEAT not to happy

I think a flaked turquoise vinyl would look kool on the seat.... 8)

Latest posts

Back