The Red Baron

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i'm moving this thread from the bike gallery section, seeing as how its still in the build phase.

hey guys I've started another project and got the first piece of it today from the good folks of chestnut hollow :p

flyer02.jpg

all i got is the frame, but i have an idea of what i'm going to do
the tank is pretty awesome and im gonna base the colors off of it, its really a darker red with cream lines, i'm thinking paint the frame close to the tank's red, get some cream tires for , tan saddle, i got a springer coming for it and some chopped fenders painted to match the frame.

its just an idea

ok guys my worst fears have manifested themselves, well maybe not my worst but they are fears of mine.

the fork i got is for a female frame thus a longer headtube
problem.jpg

i think with the power of our minds combined we can fix this problem, any idea?

i'm thinking something that can be stuck between the top dust cap and the bearings to fill the gap...any ideas??

these forks really are awesome but they weigh a ton, i give you guys pics but i need to find batteries for the camera

well it looks like im not getting my fork till monday :( but i can be patient.

I did score a set of fenders for the bike off of the ebay
c14a_1.JPG

the light is just a case, the inards are no longer in it apparently, maybe i'll be able to convert it to LED

ok so i got the fork back today nice a rethreaded woooooooo :D

after getting the fenders off the ebay i've decided on going with a green,black, and red color scheme.
so i went ahead and painted the forks and tried to shine of the truss rods and springs as much as possible.
flyer03.jpg

i think it looks good, it will look even better with the fenders.
however there is one problem but it seems easily fixable.
flyer04.jpg

i think i could just get some spacers for it and fix the gap, its only about half an inch.

i think i am gonna get black wheels with the brick red tires, whadya think?

any shop that has 1 inch threadless spacers will work fine on there. if you want to get real trick there are companies online that sell them in different colors like red, or gold

thanks for the info Karfer, I may just look for some red ones :p

I got the fenders in today which was faster than i expected, no complaints here, so here are some photos

flyer05.jpg

flyer06.jpg

the sprocket i got for it
flyer07.jpg

the light housing is empty, which is fine by me i'll juse stick some LEDs in there

I put the wheels off my primer bike on there just to support it, and now im really liking the primer red wheels and whitewall combo with the fenders :D

cheers
-Josh

oh man that is COOL... are the fenders black? looks like they'll work fine with black forks...

--rick

the fenders are black with red on the ends and white stripes along the side, pretty wild :D

Hey guys I'm not too familiar with skiptooth cranks and chains, the crank i got for the bike is a skiptooth.
how do i go about finding a chain for these things....ebay? and do i have to replace the wheels seeing as how there isnt a skiptooth cog on the back?

...or would it just be smarter to get regular crank?

as time goes by in my searching the net for vintage bikes and more and more have shown up that are pieced together from different colored bikes and for some reason I love them! lol
ok I am strange I know but I love it!

lookin cool! Some contractors at work are gonna extend the threads on a set of forks for me. Call around your town to auto shops, hardware stores and whatever else and ask if they'll extend the threads for ya and just cut off the rest AFTER you install it...

sensor said:
cool! be waiting awhile for this one...guess you drag em out like me too!! :lol:
haha yeah, i'm just having too much fun riding it and getting the crazy looks from people to think about photos :p

well here are the photos its like 98% done, I need to get some new tires on it and tighten the chain, other than that its golden :D
flyer09.jpg

flyer10.jpg

flyer11.jpg

flyer12.jpg

flyer13.jpg

flyer14.jpg

hope you guys like it, i never realized how much of a low profile it was until i rode it.

Latest posts

Back