The "Petree Pedaller"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked this bike up from a buddy of mine to rebuild for him. He has had this thing jammed in a shed for the past three years. I could no longer stand it. So, I talked him into letting me take it home with me and finish it for him. We will just have to see if he gets it back... :p

It is a Jakz frame and fork. It has 26" wheels with a nexus 7 speed hub and internal brakes. It also has Frisco three piece cranks with matching sprocket and pedals.

It's time to tear it down and get rid of all the surface rust that has built up from the years of neglect... :cry:

bike021.jpg

bike008.jpg

bike012.jpg

bike010.jpg

bike014.jpg

bike015.jpg

It looks very cool like it is...why dont you just clear over the surface rust?

Man i dig your edsel. wagon? i'd love ot see a side shot of it, theres a "show us your cars" thread on the forum somewhere...

Barn fresh, just the way I like 'em. That bike would look sweet sitting next to my Firebike, I think you should send it to Michigan :lol: . That Jakz Addict frame has some nice geometry, I would guess a very nice ride...Kelly

I couldn't help myself. I had to see what my front forks would look like an the Jakz frame. It makes for an awfully long bike. 8.5 feet :eek: That's half a foot longer than my bike... :wink:
bike022.jpg

bike023.jpg

bike024.jpg

looks tough both ways. stance looks better with the other forks.

i would like to vote on the clear over the rust. mix a little red flake or mica in first coat. it should set it off.

looks good.

I'm going to put the stubby forks back on... :wink:
I can't see leaving this frame rusty. It deserves paint. :mrgreen:

vanilla_gorilla said:
black forks with the rusty frame looks excellent
I used laquer thinner to clean the loose surface rust off and then gave the frame a heavy coat of dupli color clear. I sanded the forks and gave them a coat of gloss black. I will give them a second coat later...
bike027.jpg

bike028.jpg

Looks great, I do prefer the original fork on it. BTW, how much extra rake do you have built into your forks?...Kelly

I dig that rust, I mean patina.
I've been gathering parts for my next build, a "rust rat".
Dangerous Dan

That's a sick frame! And yet my inner Ralph Nader is saying "there at least half dozen ways to impale yourself on that thing..."

Latest posts

Back