~The Pepperbox Special~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From it's humble beginning as a blue 1955 Columbia Newsboy Special frame, it's gone through quite the transformation, it's been stripped, repatinated, it's gained parts from various origins, bicycle, automotive, it's had parts fabricated for it, all from recycled materials.
After almost 3 months of work, and a little under $100 invested, The Pepperbox Special is finished. I've had a blast building this bike, this is my third build off, my second to finish, and it never ceases to amaze me what a great community we have here. To those who offered suggestions, advice, or encouragement, thank you, this build would not have been possible without your help. Now without further delay, in it's finished, rusty glory, The Pepperbox Special.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-pepperbox-special-done.83411/

Very nicely done! If we're picking favorite parts, my favorite is the rack, I like everything about it and especially the compartment!
Thanks, of all the parts on this bike I think the biggest headache was that rack, I love the end result, but getting the ashtray turned compartment to fit between the rails, and the hundred+ year old wood panels expanding and contracting, there were several times where I thought the rack was just not going to make it onto the finished bike, but I'm glad it did.

wonderful work :D

So, in my build thread I talked about how I was having to rush to finish because I was planning on entering this bike in The University of North Texas' annual employee art exhibition as a sculpture. Well, tonight was the opening reception and awards ceremony, and would you believe how shocked I was to find that my rat bike was apparently also "fine art".

I took first place in the sculpture category and got best of show. They even set it up wrong with the chainguard facing a wall, I've got to say I'm completely blown away. It's one thing to have my work recognized and appreciated by people who themselves have a penchant for bikes of this nature, but the art community is a whole other story. I'm pretty stoked.

So, in my build thread I talked about how I was having to rush to finish because I was planning on entering this bike in The University of North Texas' annual employee art exhibition as a sculpture. Well, tonight was the opening reception and awards ceremony, and would you believe how shocked I was to find that my rat bike was apparently also "fine art".

I took first place in the sculpture category and got best of show. They even set it up wrong with the chainguard facing a wall, I've got to say I'm completely blown away. It's one thing to have my work recognized and appreciated by people who themselves have a penchant for bikes of this nature, but the art community is a whole other story. I'm pretty stoked.
AWESOME! :113:

Luke.

Thanks for the kind words and support guys, it definitely means a lot to me. Hearing the word "rat" used so much to describe this build really puts a big smile on my face. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back