The Pedal Car, Wagon & Wheel Barrow Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent a little time on my lunch break today at work doing a swirl pattern in the bed liner with a metal brush and the drill press. Also drilled a few speed holes in the rear wheel c-channel section.

This evening I hit the seat bottom and bed liner with metal polish to clean it up quite a bit, then attached the seat bottom to the bed liner with aluminum solid rivets and clear coated the rear wheel stuff. Looking good.

I guesstimate this whole thing has cost me maybe $30 in materials cost, if that. Mostly stuff I had laying around though or found and threw in the steam punk bin.

Attachments

• 20171120_195116.jpg
    20171120_195116.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 20171120_195533.jpg
    20171120_195533.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 289
@GuitarlCarl
It would be really cool if you could save a placeholder next to each pic for us to describe a bit about the process, or better yet, room for like 3-4 pics for different angles or 'step by step' type photos to get the gist of the builds; since there is no way to go to a 'Build thread' for each individual build.

If you think that's something possible to do you are welcome to do it. As you have the same posting privileges as I do. I was going to cut and paste a voting thread with the list of finalists and pictures of their builds in same order following... I don't see how I can save a spot for anyone else to post stuff in...

Carl.

Last edited:
Great shots, do you have a final picture ready?

Carl.
Can we have 2 photos? I feel like I need a front and back view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe @Rat Rod could give us some advice on how best to set up a Finished / Voting Thread for this challenge? I was just brainstorming @GuitarlCarl , trying to 'flesh out' the idea of another thread for this challenge.

At the very least, I like Ed's idea of 2 final pics. That way the viewer will at least get a better idea of the overall look of the finished build.

In that case, here is my second Final pic submission....
22656539_2065593543466794_94619034_n.jpg

Yea, I borrowed the idea...fanboy style.
Unfortunately, I won't finish any time soon. The drive line still alludes me.

It alluded me, as well. I ended up cutting this thing up in frustration. If you can make it work, you'll have one on me.

I riveted the seat in place. This is the down position when it hangs upright from the wall. Just one part left to do and we're done.

Attachments

• 20171121_221012.jpg
    20171121_221012.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 241
I'm pretty sure I can put together a voting thread. It's just a list of the finalists in poll fashion, followed by a row of pictures ONE for each finalist. Why should it be any different from every other voting thread here? The obvious link to your build is a moot point. We're all in this together. Many folks don't bother to go to the links anyway, it's all about that final picture.

Carl.

I'm pretty sure I can put together a voting thread. It's just a list of the finalists in poll fashion, followed by a row of pictures ONE for each finalist. Why should it be any different from every other voting thread here? The obvious link to your build is a moot point. We're all in this together. Many folks don't bother to go to the links anyway, it's all about that final picture.

Carl.
I beg to differ, these contraptions are more complicated than a symmetrical bicycle. There are distinctive differences in frontal and rear views. They deserve at least two shots.
But whatever Carl, you started and set this up.

Finished up with all of the work on it. The last portion was getting the tow assembly for her other wagon welded and painted. Just need to add a sticker or two for her and I'll take some final pictures in daylight and post them.

Attachments

• 20171126_190754.jpg
    20171126_190754.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 20171126_190836.jpg
    20171126_190836.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 255
Well if ya'all need two pics to display your goods, who am I to argue? Let's see if ya'all can post a pair of pictures like KJV did. I'll figure it all out...

Guitarl
brownbag.gif

FINISHED Wagonator:
c396d1cc0395e0276ec72cfdcb2ae1ed.jpg

3818f8edc61f67ee0c20555eacdea1cd.jpg

The smaller white wagon is from a previous build two years ago and being towed, I hope that doesn't count against me though. :grin:

Well I had sent my wagon entry to the “J & A Garage Custom Ratrod Wagons Buildoff” competition. I guess the contest is a bust. The organizer in charge has been arrested. So much for getting published.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I had sent my wagon entry to the “J & A Garage Custom Ratrod Wagons Buildoff” competition. I guess the contest is a bust. The organizer in charge has been arrested. So much for getting published.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a ride in the Paddy Wagon.:giggle:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back