THE NAME OF THIS PLACE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The name works, I would definitely keep it. To me the term "rat rod" has more of a meaning of creating something personal with what you have or can acquire. It seems to be a category that is not defined by the time/money/parts/brands, but personal uniqueness of the build, sense of accomplishment.

the only other appropriate name I can think of for this forum is: Really Nice People Into Building Old Bicycles.

cuz that's what this collection of people is. The lack of 'tudes and absence of smack talking on this forum is still a breath of fresh air after all these years.

well since Bill is already taken....if you change it it needs to be "SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME!" :mrgreen:
im staying out of the 'ratrod' discussion though....but if its not broken....mess with it long enough and it will be!(sorry i dont remember whos sig line that is :oops: )

I wonder how many tattoo covered rockabilly traditional hot rodders had lines shaved on the side of their mullet while they rode around in their teal and pink mini trucks back in the 90s? :))

Rat Rod said:
I wonder how many tattoo covered rockabilly traditional hot rodders had lines shaved on the side of their mullet while they rode around in their teal and pink mini trucks back in the 90s? :))
well I never... but hope to someday .. you think it will make a come back .. one can only hope ...
teal and pink .. are my colors.. ha ha..

Rat Rod said:
I wonder how many tattoo covered rockabilly traditional hot rodders had lines shaved on the side of their mullet while they rode around in their teal and pink mini trucks back in the 90s? :))[/qu
Hahahaha so true!!!!!

I love the name of this place! My user name just happened to fit when I found this site. We race dirt cars and RAT is my dads "R", brothers "A" and my "T" initials.

Have you had complaints about the name?

TBH if this place had been "hot rod" bikes - I wouldn't even have clicked the link.

"Hot Rod" carries connotations of chintziness, gaudiness, garishness, - "rat rod" just carries connotations of having fun with old junk. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
There ya go picking on Youthgeye again :lol: :lol:

Same here Buck.It got worn out on cars and trucks, and motorcycles to an extent.I like the creative minds and talent some here have.

Rat Rod said:

Now I don't care who you are, that there is just plain funny!!

Cue up some Miami Vice theme music and GTB, Peace!

Perhaps you could change the logo to say RAT&ROD BIKES, while keeping the current url. That would expand the title enough to cover all that we do here, while still keeping continuity with the past. Take the bikerodder domain and either point it here or if you dare start yet a third website dedicated to custom and altered frame, candy painted, polished and plated, high $$ cruisers to go with the 2 sites that already keep you busy. :lol:

ya know.. I go over the thecabe now and again, cause I like looking for the prewar stuff.. but I feel like
I have to dress up to sit in front of my computer.. to look at the site. the air in the room tastes different when I am
on the site... heck i even use proper english and spell check when there. I can come here... and it fits..
ratrod bikes... it fits.. not trying to impress anyone... good bunch of peeps more of a brother hood here..

anyone got 50 bucks i can borrow? :lol: i have been in car clubs.. on every kind of team you can thing of
but not that team :oops: .. dont even say it .. family site.. ratrodbikes fits..
now put it to bed Steve tired of seeing this post .. :lol:

First thing I noticed when browsing this sight before actually joining was the diversity.Within minutes of browsing I saw Musclebikes,Ballooners,Ratrods,Custom stretches,Motorized and the undescribable.It seems the name/term Ratrod hasnt harmed a thing and I wouldnt change a thing.
I feel this sights success is its diversity and welcoming attitude to all things bicycle.In comparison I joined the Cabe made one or two posts,felt I was in the company of many elitists and did not belong and never went back.

Just my 2 cents

Oh--and to all the Cabe fans- I own,ride,enjoy original ballooners and the like,but i refuse to throw away a rusty or mismatched frame that can make a rideable custom bike.

okay,okay one more edit LOL--another thing is ,,,the guy with rusty junk can make a bike every bit as spectacular as the guy with super paint and parts and get every ounce of the same respect!!! This is a very rare thing and this websight has achieved it-WOW!

Xcruiser said:
First thing I noticed when browsing this sight before actually joining was the diversity.Within minutes of browsing I saw Musclebikes,Ballooners,Ratrods,Custom stretches,Motorized and the undescribable.It seems the name/term Ratrod hasnt harmed a thing and I wouldnt change a thing.
I feel this sights success is its diversity and welcoming attitude to all things bicycle.In comparison I joined the Cabe made one or two posts,felt I was in the company of many elitists and did not belong and never went back.

Just my 2 cents

Oh--and to all the Cabe fans- I own,ride,enjoy original ballooners and the like,but i refuse to throw away a rusty or mismatched frame that can make a rideable custom bike.

okay,okay one more edit LOL--another thing is ,,,the guy with rusty junk can make a bike every bit as spectacular as the guy with super paint and parts and get every ounce of the same respect!!! This is a very rare thing and this websight has achieved it-WOW!
yes what he said

Henry morgan said:
Xcruiser said:

Just my 2 cents

yes what he said

+1 !
What they said!!!!

Latest posts

Back