THE NAME OF THIS PLACE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double Nickle said:
Don't change it but if you do I would go with RatRodHotRodBMXCruiserLowriderandMuscleBikes.com...

Just Saying 8)

Add HomeBuiltHodgePodgeBikeJunkers to the Dot Com name also.

I'm new here and it seems that the rat rod bikes has evolved into really neat custom bikes, rats etc. And the name has been there all along. Don't change the name just let people build the cool bikes of all kinds and still call rat rod bikes there home. And thanks for creating such a cool and friendly custom bike site (like I needed another hobby).

When you are "Rollin' with the Lord" the fleshly body will make you second guess the decisions you make in life, past, present and future.

While I think the name BikeRodder better suits what we do here. RatRodBikes is definitely who we are. Rat Rods have a bad name in the vintage hot rod world, and sometimes you get the look when I tell people about this site. Tough call on a name change, I'd buy a t-shirt either way :mrgreen: 8) :D

I found this site looking up info on a huffy i had as a kid I clicked on the link and looked around and stayed. ratrod to me means more of a laid back attitude to building things whether its cars or bikes and that sure fits this site, here purest and custom builders come together and swap ideas. keep it as it is.

I really like the Ratrod name, but Steve if you decide to change the name I'm fine with that. I've really enjoyed this site, and I'm not going anywhere.

Well, as a new guy I love this site as it is not judgemental. I like being able to find Gov'nor style, muscle bikes, semi resto's, lowriders, trikes, and all the others on one site. I'd come here if the site name was "Frillygirlystuff.com" (but I admit, I'd be less likely to buy a t-shirt or sticker...) Some of the other bike sites are too uptight.

Thanks for being here, Rg

PS. If you look up that website I hope it isn't something bad, I made it up. Secondly, WHY would you even try???

I wouldn't change the name. The folks in the hot rod world who are offended by the term have no sense of proportion or humor. And if you change the name, the slippery slope will lead you to change the look soon after. Then we're on a totally different site before you know it. This is a fantastic site, and I think it'd kill a lot of the tradition you're building by changing the name. Please don't.

furyus

There, I just donated five hard-earned bucks because I dig this place. Change the name and my deep pockets are gonna dry up.

furyus

bikerodder.com is a pretty sweet name too! Which would probably cover a larger diversity of custom bikes... such as hand built from tubing bikes, all types of racing bikes, mountain bike monsters, freak bikes(tall bikes-crazy bikes, art bikes), modern cruisers, low-riders, muscle bikes, cargo bikes, BMX etc.

Under a google search, this description pops up on top for ratrod bicycle (how I found this site)

"www.ratrodbikes.com/
An online community for vintage custom cruiser bicycle enthusiasts."

Try doing both sites? Maybe attract an even larger audience of bike-nuts!
This site is "off the chain" but I would certainly be a member of both!
Rock on!

I think the name is perfect. For a person to like what is done here they most be born with a special kind of gene or live next to a ratrodder.

Anybody (with money!) can buy parts to restore a bike but only a chosen few have the ability to create something unique.

As a person that likes to create unique stuff I often try to get others into it. For example, if I go to a car show and I see any car from the 1930's or older with new paint and all new chrome I would say to the owner,"I like it but it would look even better painted flat black and maybe some air brush flames on the hood". Yes the owner looks at me like I need some kind medicine but my comment would probably make him buy another car where he can create something unique.

At bike shows I do the same. I have started to see an increment on modify bikes which are always cool. Of course some owners look at me like they want to kill me but its fun to see the look in there face.

More people will come in time, its a process!

(obviously acknowledging this isn't a normally discussed term, but since you asked...)

Gotta agree, the first things I think of are primer black paint jobs, whitwalls with the red rim bit. You know, some old ratty fabric upulstery left on it with patina stained springs or that which once was stock and has been or is going to be customized to some degree at least. Fresh finds, online community of trading, buying and selling with all of us with similarity but all obviously different in our own ways, helps make this the very cool "thing" that it has begun. Old school bikes represent 4 ever, but doen't mean we can't all appreciate something new, maybe even from Wal Mart that is done up in a cool retro, but hopefully not "rat" kind of bike that try to recapture a time past. I can go on, but think you all get where I am coming from. Don't overthink it, it is what it is, and ain't it a beautifull thing? 8)

Latest posts

Back