THE MURRAY MOTOBIKE UPDATE DONE FOR THE MOST PART 5/28

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
murraymadman said:
here is a few pics of the clutch set up. this side is pretty self explanatory.
DSCN0103.jpg

I've seen something very similar to it! That's actually how I was going to do my clutch.
Here's the one I saw. One pulley is on the engine shaft another is connected to the final drive and the last you can tighten or loosen by that piece of flat bar.
6193CB5B-02F1-49A6-A9E0-D2EDA40F3080-92219-000018C131B533EC.jpg

BIGHAIRYDUDE said:
is that thing above the belt near the first pulley a guide so it doesn't fall off?
it is there for when the clutch is disengaged the belt hits it and that makes it slip better on the motor pulley. makes it disengage alot better.

murraymadman said:
BIGHAIRYDUDE said:
is that thing above the belt near the first pulley a guide so it doesn't fall off?
it is there for when the clutch is disengaged the belt hits it and that makes it slip better on the motor pulley. makes it disengage alot better.
hmm thats a good idea, im making one of these on my bike but as a transmission with multiple speeds, this should help alot, thanks

hey Beau? how does your gas tank vent work out on your boardtracker? do you ever get any gas out of it? was going to copy it for the boardtracker i am building now! :wink:

If I fill the tank full it will leak. But with 3/4 of a tank of gas it won't leak. I packed the breather tube full of the stuff that was in a Zippo lighter.

My biggest problem was that I ran my filler tube about 3/4" into the top of the tank. This meant that I could only fill to the level of the filler tube (only about 3/4 of a tank). If I filled it more, an air pocket would form in the tank and bubble gas out. I fixed it by drilling 4 holes in the filler just below the top plate on the tank. It now acts as more of a baffle. When I build my next tank I plan to put a couple baffles in to slow down the sloshing.

thanks that's good to know. the cap i am using actually has a vent baffle in it so i think that will help slow down any liquid also. i thought of the baffle idea inside the tank too, of course after i tacked it all together! :roll: oh well, i think it will work out well.

stocksucks said:
Man.. I'm havin a hard time with my BTR: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=33749&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=345

How did you fix the pulley rim to the spokes?
Thanks

Cant you get a Whizzer kit? But i must ask, why is it you want to attatch your sheave (rim) to the spokes? I found it a lot easier and a helluva lot stronger to make brackets to bolt the sheave directly to my rim. A lot stronger and you can keep the correct tension on the spokes.....That is how many early motorcycles did it.

stocksucks said:
Thanks Harry, but that way it must be harder do get it properly centered and also won't the bolts harm the air tube inside the tire?
Keep it up (sorry for hijackin the thread).

I will reply on your thread so not to hijack thread.

Vintagebikelover24 said:
I've seen something very similar to it! That's actually how I was going to do my clutch.
Here's the one I saw. One pulley is on the engine shaft another is connected to the final drive and the last you can tighten or loosen by that piece of flat bar.

just one question here... Where you put yer feets? :|

iven said:
Vintagebikelover24 said:

just one question here... Where you put yer feets? :|

Great question lol there's a video of the kid that built it riding it and I think he's feet were behind him...like those sports motorcycles...

Latest posts

Back